Huge Bobcat harvested In Wisconsin

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The wife pointed one out to me wandering around our parking lot.
I would never think to shoot one; they have the same right to live here in peace as I do.

Old Relic

Oct 21, 2005
North Prairie, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 Minelab Advantage Tesoro Eldorado µMAX Tesoro Silver µMAX
I agree with you, Bumpstick. I hunt, but if I'm not going to eat it, I'm not going to kill it.

I live just south of you; did you see that bobcat in Delafield?

Relic

EggyOG

Jan 18, 2007
Bumpstick said:
I would never think to shoot one; they have the same right to live here in peace as I do.

Geez!
Ticks, mosquitoes, rats, and athlete's foot all should have the same right to life as you too. I am so sick of political correctness. Don't forget about that night crawler you accidentally cut in half while digging something up while MDing. Or is it just the animals YOU find pleasing that have the rights you seem to want to bestow upon them.

As far as not killing it if you aren't going to eat it, that argument is completely meaningless unless you use EVERY part of each animal you kill. A muskrat trapper doesn't say, "I would never kill a deer if I weren't going to use the hide", a fisherman doesn't say,"I would never kill a squirrel if I wasn't going to put it on a fish hook for bait." The point is, there are many uses for animals that are killed. No one condones killing animals for sport and letting them lay, but uses for the animals can range from decorations to food to clothing or even as bait for other animals. Sometimes killed animals are nothing more than fertilizer. Don't judge someone elses use of an animal carcass, it is probably just as legitimate as your use of an animal, or your use of what used to be their habitat.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow lots of vegans on here :-\

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EggyOG said:
Bumpstick said:

Geez!
Ticks, mosquitoes, rats, and athlete's foot all should have the same right to life as you too. I am so sick of political correctness. Don't forget about that night crawler you accidentally cut in half while digging something up while MDing. Or is it just the animals YOU find pleasing that have the rights you seem to want to bestow upon them.

As far as not killing it if you aren't going to eat it, that argument is completely meaningless unless you use EVERY part of each animal you kill. A muskrat trapper doesn't say, "I would never kill a deer if I weren't going to use the hide", a fisherman doesn't say,"I would never kill a squirrel if I wasn't going to put it on a fish hook for bait." The point is, there are many uses for animals that are killed. No one condones killing animals for sport and letting them lay, but uses for the animals can range from decorations to food to clothing or even as bait for other animals. Sometimes killed animals are nothing more than fertilizer. Don't judge someone elses use of an animal carcass, it is probably just as legitimate as your use of an animal, or your use of what used to be their habitat.

You are right to a point.
I have done my share of hunting and fishing in my life time but certain critters I give a pass to.
There was a pair of albino dear living in peace down the road in Dousman and a happy camper bagged him this season. I gave them a pass.
Then there is the bozo's that run down the dear and geese with there snow sleds. I don't quite under stand that :icon_scratch:
I have a cousin that goes on safari all over the world and bags the big game. He has them stuffed and there every where in his house.
I say each to there own; whatever trips your trigger.

Alchemy

Nov 30, 2006
Beautiful Burnett county, WI
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EggyOG said:
I am so sick of political correctness.

I don't think it's "political correctness", as much as just stating an opinion.
For me it's also recognizing or knowing there needs to be a balance.
Humans are the only species that don't live in this balance.
They have this need to push everything out, spread out and over everything...ah, but that's just my opinion.
Humans are the only species that kill for sport and emotion.

Eating, survival, protection, defense, these things make sense. Simply hanging "your trophy" on a wall, doesn't to me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread