First hunt of the season

the beav

Jun 14, 2008
west bend area
Detector(s) used
spectrum xlt
Well my first hunt just ended a few hours ago. My nephew called me up this morning to see if I could take him and a friend detecting. So loaded up the gear picked his friend up and headed to the local ski-hill where they took turns swingin the XLT for about an hour and a half. They would have stayed at it longer but they had commitments to tend to. All in all they had a good time and found 17 coins in the snow, it was good to be out again.........

PuddleJumper

Sep 19, 2008
Waukesha, WI
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV, Fisher F5
Got out for the first time myself yesterday, was only for an hour and the ground was either frozen an inch down or all mud. Walked away with 2 pieces of fence, 1 pull tab, 2 pennies and a quarter. Unfortunately there were lots of signals that I didn't dig last year that were still frozen in.

bigpapa53023

Aug 12, 2006
mount calvary, wi
Detector(s) used
DFX
Well I got out for about 1/2 hour yesterday and about an hour tonite. Found some coinage including a 1940 wheatie and a Chuck-E-Cheese token that really got my hopes up when i saw its gold color (oh the disappointment :-[). But oh well I am just glad to be out again.

S

seger98

Glad you got out, I grew up in Menominee Falls until I was 12, remember going to Lannon Park, ever hear of that? Was wondering if it's still around cuz I would think there would be some silver on that hill we sledded down!

OP
OP
T

the beav

Jun 14, 2008
west bend area
Detector(s) used
spectrum xlt
Big papa that gold has a tendency to get the heart tickin when it shines in the hole. Too bad it was only a token though better luck next time....... And seger I don't hunt that far south or at least I havent yet. But I think the sledding hill would be a good spot..I just started to hunt the sledding hill here in Kewaskum last year and plan on making many trips there this year. Alot of ground to cover, It's a good spot had many signals everywhere I swept the coil last summer. And it is covered with hundreds of people every 4th of July, all sitting on a steep hill watching fireworks along with drinking makes for alot of coins falling out of pockets. I know my mom personally lost a very nice gold bracelet on the hill many years ago... If anybody wants to join me on this spot, send me a message, the more the merrier. Alot of ground to cover by myself.........

PuddleJumper

Sep 19, 2008
Waukesha, WI
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV, Fisher F5
seger98 said:
Glad you got out, I grew up in Menominee Falls until I was 12, remember going to Lannon Park, ever hear of that? Was wondering if it's still around cuz I would think there would be some silver on that hill we sledded down!
Do you remember where it was? I know the area and if there is currently a Lannon Park that doesn't necessarily mean thats the park you knew by name. I do know that there is someone that MDs in the Falls area though family member that have seen him. Not sure what Lannon was like back then but now its just a trailer park with a few bars, quarries and a post office, pretty much a spot on the map between Sussex and the Falls.

S

seger98

PuddleJumper said:
seger98 said:
Do you remember where it was? I know the area and if there is currently a Lannon Park that doesn't necessarily mean thats the park you knew by name. I do know that there is someone that MDs in the Falls area though family member that have seen him. Not sure what Lannon was like back then but now its just a trailer park with a few bars, quarries and a post office, pretty much a spot on the map between Sussex and the Falls.

Really? A trailer park.... This was 40 years ago so I guess it could have changed, I want to say that it was west of the Falls, If I remember correctly, it was a pretty large hill, with a water tower on top & a brick building, it wasn't to far off the main road, I could be wrong about it being "IN" Lannon Park, but if it wasn't it was very close to it.

PuddleJumper

Sep 19, 2008
Waukesha, WI
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV, Fisher F5
Looks like there has been a trailer park there for a long time, its just not all that obvious if you don't know its there. If there was a small lake in the park it could be Menomonee park which is part of the Waukesha County park system and its been there since at least the 1950's. Otherwise I'm drawing a blank on exactly where there would be a water tower and looking at maps aren't helping much.

S

seger98

OK, talk to my old brother, he knew right off where I was talking about, was Lannon Park, use to be a quarry, he said on top of the hill it was a electric transfer site. we use to go there & swim in the lake. Also mentioned a good spot to look would be Holy Hill... Anybody know where that is?

S

seger98

Puddlejumper, you nailed it! That's it... The sled hill is on the right as you pull into the park, I'd give it a try if I were you. Like i said that was 40 years ago so you know there was silver coins still in circulation then, I have no idea how long the park was there before I started going there.

Chris

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lannon park is quite big. I use to detect it 30 years ago. Not much there, but the best thing that I found were bottle caps. They actualy looked like baseball caps! Most of the ground there is very hard!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread