Alchemy

Nov 30, 2006
Beautiful Burnett county, WI
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wont be detecting this summer :'( and for who knows how long

I fell off a ladder trimming a tree...should say fell - finished the fall with jump.
I threw the chainsaw away from me while I was starting to fall, decided to finish the fall with a jump, landed on my feet, landed WAY too hard and tore "everything" in my knee. Messed it up good!

This was almost 4 weeks ago, I'm still on crutches and will be for sure for the next 4 more weeks (and who knows for how much longer)

I was so excited about finally moving back to WI and having a pretty good spot to detect...only to have to probably put it off for another year

I need all your pitty! :D

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, you have my pity, or at least my sympathy! In '96 a friend and I were trimming branches from a platform lashed to a tree. The platform shifted and I fell off backward and broke my back in 3 places plus 8 busted ribs. Ten weeks in the hospital and six months rehab later I could walk again and now I am bionic with titanium rods and screws holding my back together. It ain't no fun I promise. But hang in there and you will be ready for the nice cool autumn weather and get back out there. In spite of what the doctor says, when you are able , do all the walking and exercising you can.....if you can. You will heal a lot quicker and prevent permanent disabilities. No, I'm not a doc, just speaking from experience, so take my advice for what it is. It gets frustrating I promise but it will get better and that I also promise. Monty

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heal up quickly, my friend!

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
No pity here, figure out a way to strap your detector to a crutch and get to huntin'! :thumbsup: Seriously though, take care and get healed up. Whatever is in the ground will still be there when you can get to it.

HH Charlie

OP
OP
Alchemy

Alchemy

Nov 30, 2006
Beautiful Burnett county, WI
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
savant365 said:
No pity here, figure out a way to strap your detector to a crutch and get to huntin'! :thumbsup: Seriously though, take care and get healed up. Whatever is in the ground will still be there when you can get to it.

HH Charlie

Hehe....don't think I hadn't thought of that!
Trouble is, finding something, getting down to dig it, then getting back up again...lol
I need a kid to drag along with me ;D

I fell off backward and broke my back in 3 places plus 8 busted ribs. Ten weeks in the hospital and six months rehab later I could walk again and now I am bionic with titanium rods and screws holding my back together.

YIKES!
Well one thing is for sure, I feel more grateful now that it wasn't as bad as that!
And kudo's to you for recovering with such a good attitude
I am also of the firm belief "heal they self" (as much as one can)
My Dr did want me to try to walk on it, saying that it was best if I keep trying (without much or any pressure) but to keep the notion and motion of walking, so my body perceives it as whole and healing. I have a pretty aware Dr (phrew!)

On the up side, I have a new (used) golf cart coming, so I can still get back in the woods and to my favorite spots!

Thanks for your support and sympathy all!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions