How many of you have contacted your representatives on the DNR issue?

Scully

Jun 19, 2007
Madison, WI
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD
I dont understand why this doesnt seem important to you. If this Bill dies, we will never get detecting priveleges on state land again. And that inclues all river and lake bottoms!! No more water hunting! If you have not already sent emails or called, get with the program, we need support! If you have already done so, then begin thinking of what family and friends you can ask to do the same. We need numbers!!! If you care about detecting, act on this!!!

Scully

Steve0

Feb 10, 2005
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI, Minelab excalibur
Thanks Scully I got it done now going to look for others

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm doing it also.

More need to do it, though.

Also thank the sponsor, he needs to be supported.

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scully, I contacted everyone on your list. . . and the sponsor of the Bill as well (that was a good idea BumLuck)

lokkenpa

Aug 8, 2008
Edmond, OK
Detector(s) used
MineLab e-Trac, Garrett Ace250, SunRay X-1, ProPointer
Even though I no longer live in the state, I sent letters from the tourist angle and that I have relatives still living in the state.

Phil Lokken

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lokkenpa said:
Even though I no longer live in the state, I sent letters from the tourist angle and that I have relatives still living in the state.

Phil Lokken

Thank you. That is also important.

AAMOF, the whole board should support us like that.

Who could post that?

Nickles

Greenie
Oct 29, 2009
Madison, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, BH Lone Star, DetectorPro pistol probe
Just received an email response to one of my emails sent to state representative Gary Hebl (46th District). He has yet to see any info pertaining to the Krietlow Metal Detecting Bill and kindly stated he would keep an open mind and my thoughts in mind when the bill is presented. Sounds encouraging.

Nickles

Greenie
Oct 29, 2009
Madison, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, BH Lone Star, DetectorPro pistol probe
Any news on this action? Seems awful quiet all the sudden. A big flury of requests then nothing......

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why do we need a lobbyest for water detecting when all water is federal? just a question,

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wis DNR has jurisdiction over the water. Period.

Following that reasoning, there would be no state government because there is a federal government.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Links to the bills:

Assembly Bill AB636:
http://nxt.legis.state.wi.us/nxt/ga...ination-name:'ab636']$x=Advanced#0-0-0-252859

December 18, 2009 - Introduced by Representatives Hixson, Suder, Townsend, Van Akkeren, Ballweg and Hilgenberg, cosponsored by Senators Kreitlow, Holperin, Taylor and Schultz. Referred to Committee on Natural Resources.

Senate Bill SB432:
http://nxt.legis.state.wi.us/nxt/ga...ination-name:'sb432']$x=Advanced#0-0-0-434549

December 21, 2009 - Introduced by Senators Kreitlow, Holperin, Schultz, Taylor and Hansen, cosponsored by Representatives Hixson, Suder, Townsend, Van Akkeren, Ballweg and Hilgenberg. Referred to Committee on Transportation, Tourism, Forestry, and Natural Resources.

For your purposes here, these are all good guys - but - they have to get a reasonable bill through the rest of the state legislature. DNR will be supporting their archie. It may change, OR EVEN FAIL! depending on how much they hear from us detectorists.

So, bottom line is you have to call your state reps and ask them to support these bills (that will eventually become one).

Here's the link to find out who your reps are:

http://www.legis.state.wi.us/

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bum luck why send me something that can t be downloaded. I have a pofessor of law interested in these water laws. Your lobbyest may be pulling your chain.resend please.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I can glean from the Wisconsin Legislative web sites, here is the status of our metal detecting bills:

AB 636:
http://nxt.legis.state.wi.us/nxt/ga...ination-name:'ab636']$x=Advanced#0-0-0-253715

SB 432:
http://nxt.legis.state.wi.us/nxt/ga...ination-name:'sb432']$x=Advanced#0-0-0-481993

It was read for the first time last December, and may appear at any time for action. They have bi-partisan support, which is a good thing. They are now in the Senate Committee on Transportation, Tourism, Forestry, and Natural Resources and the Assembly Committee on Natural Resources.

Assembly Committee on Natural Resources:

Representative Spencer Black (Chair)
Representative Chris Danou (Vice-Chair)
Representative Louis Molepske Jr
Representative John Steinbrink
Representative Ann Hraychuck
Representative Gary Hebl
Representative Cory Mason
Representative Nick Milroy
Representative Fred Clark
Representative Jim Ott
Representative Scott Gunderson
Representative Michael Huebsch
Representative Daniel LeMahieu
Representative Jeffrey Mursau
Representative Lee Nerison

Senate Committee on Transportation, Tourism, Forestry, and Natural Resources
Senator Jim Holperin (Chair)
Senator Jim Sullivan
Senator Jeffrey Plale
Senator David Hansen
Senator Joseph Leibham
Senator Neal Kedzie
Senator Glenn Grothman

I heartily recommend visiting these legislator's home pages and spending a little time in urging them to back our bill; the archies are working them behind the scenes, so we can't afford to be complacent about it or we could get to the finish line last. It has to get from these committees onto the floors, and then get voted upon and passed into law.

My apologies for any bad links, but the changing nature of the legislative pages makes this hard to keep up on.

A better way to keep tabs on this is by visiting the sponsor's web pages:

Senator Kreitlow: http://www.legis.state.wi.us/w3asp/contact/legislatorpages.aspx?house=Senate&district=23

Representative Hilgenberg: http://www.legis.state.wi.us/w3asp/contact/legislatorpages.aspx?house=Assembly&district=51

Then go to the section marked Bills, and look through those. Sometimes they will change numbers, but look for "metal detecting" or the numbers.

I hope we can keep on swinging!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread