Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any one going out to hunt this one?
Can you post your sighting info; here is what I have found.
It would be nice to narrow it down a bit.

Well it was all over the news today. The best sighting report I have is from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel 04/15 2010 Section B Page 2

"It was pretty awesome, I can't believe a hundred million people didn't see it. It broke into a million pieces." Another caller described it as seen over Pewaukee from Capitol Drive in Brookfield. It was a green light that seemed to explode and change to yellow and orange, showering down in a diagonal path.
The national weather service in Sullivan WI. received close to a dozen calls from local law enforcement agencies reporting hundreds of callers inquiring about bursts of lights through out the evening.
I saw a cool Doppler radar image of it coming in from the La Cross station.
An interview on TMJ 4 news interviewed some one in Milwaukee who saw it to the west.
I have tomorrow and Saturday off and will be on the hunt.
PM me or E-Mail

OP
OP
Bumpstick

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Pewaukee Meteor Sighting

Update on today's hunt. First off the Doppler radar that picked up the Wisconsin fireball placed it a little west of Livingston, WI. in Iowa County. In a SE direction.
I started my hunt from Mineral Point WI. and went south doing some road hunting. Worked my way up and down heading West until reaching Livingston, WI.
At the Mobile station I got a little info from the CBS news crew that where doing interviews .
There I ran into Paul Sipiera from the Chicago Field Museum. We talked and he showed me a similar type meteor sample for reference and what to look for. We headed West out of town doing the back road hunt again until I got back to mineral point. They have a nice new motel there.
After about 100 miles of back road hunting; I covered every back road and parking lot to be found.
I found allot of asphalt chunks, dirt clogs, pine cones and farming junk, a good county clean up day.
I will have to wait until some verified find locations are released to try again. Mum's the word today.

Attachments

• 2paint09srm.png
    2paint09srm.png
    37.7 KB · Views: 401
  • 2paint09srm.png
    2paint09srm.png
    37.7 KB · Views: 287

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you get any good pictures that you could share? Did you meet any famous meteorite hunters?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread