Nov 30, 2006
Beautiful Burnett county, WI
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Wisconsin people!

I’ve been away for a very long time.

Some of you may remember that last spring, I broke my knee in two places, so it put me out of commission…

I’ve been mending very well, but have a HUGE plate (catching up)

Some may remember me talking about an area that we bought, that abuts the Gandy Dancer Trail, and that an old train station used to reside there.

Well, I wasn’t ready to give that information up at that time, due to our project we were about to get into…(privacy matters and what have you) And, the potential items to be found (historically speaking)

However, our project shifted, and this area I’m talking about, plays a pretty important part of our new (shift) ideas. As a result…an idea came to me to share the whole idea with MD’s (where as the last year I felt I needed to protect it all)

Well, not so any more. The long and short of it is, I simply cannot do it alone, period!
(there are acres and acres of it)
The area I’m speaking of has some good history for WI and the railroad. Ergo, “The Gandy Dancer Trail”
(Google it if you're unsure)

Ok, sorry the post is going to get long (I’ll try to keep it short)

We own a speck of the Gandy where a train stop used to be…not for people traveling, but for loading lumber or what have you (so, it’s a bit ambiguous) But, as I‘ve heard it (and from what I have seen) our place used to be that stop (loading area or what have you)

The area is complete sand dunes now (brush, trees and etc have grown in, just a bit) But people have been using it ever since as a through way, for their atv’s and (snow mobiles, walks and what have you), since I don’t know when. (And we have a slip of the river, under a bridge)

What I’m proposing is, to allow any md’s to come here and see what they can find (I don’t care if you come from any other state) But, the fact of the matter is, I just haven’t the time…it’s a HUGE area with SO much.

I will warn you, there is so much junk there (I was told from the demolition of the station that was there)
My detector goes crazy! But, I’ve found wheat pennies, a small amount of clad, real old real red glass, a speck of gold, and some pretty wired items…I just have NOT the time to hit it as it should be though (and that’s the honest to goodness truth) Being I was a cripple all last year…and only got back into it this year, but have only hit it once since! (in fact, just this evening. It’s why I decided to post) If you saw my wee leg, you’d understand….lol..it's pathetic. And of course I just am an avid freak about finding good old stuff!

Hit me up through PM or email if you’re interested in md’ing this area I’m talking about.

Obviously there will be some guidelines for detecting it, such as either bagging or piling up any garbage you find…but what you find, you keep…report or not. But, if you find something way cool (historic on the property) it’d just be nice to know and can be documented as such (that’s on “our” property” and will be marked as such)

Again, I simply cannot do it alone. However, I will not tolerate folks thinking they can come here and detect, but leave crap about…just saying!

So ya know, holes will take care of them selves, but ya have to take some kind of of care, BUT, it’s ALL sand! We’re talking all pure sugar sand.

If you need amenities for camping/over night stay, just let me

If you’re interested in this, please just shoot me an email.

This will be by invite only (i.e. after you have contacted me and we srt up a time)

I’d love to pull together a whole WI people gathering and have some fun doing this…but, I’d have to see who responds to this post first.

I’m open to most any times

Just write me!

Regards,
Cherie

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a couple of vacation days left that I could schedule a long week end and come up for a hunt.
I would need a motel for over night accommodations; my wife doesn't get around to well any more.
I will follow this thread or shoot me an E-Mail with an update.
[email protected]
Your E-Mail is unassailable from T-Net

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread