De pere

Brodys_Dad

Tenderfoot
Mar 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey how are you guys doing? I am new to this site and found it while I was searching for places to take my son metal detecting. I just bought him a metal detector for his birthday, and we have been out the past 2 weekends. The only things we have found have been pop cans, tabs and bottle caps. I do not want him to give up on this wonderful hobby since that is the only thing he wanted for his 5th birthday. We live in De pere, WI and any help with a OK site would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much.

bowhunter543

Oct 15, 2011
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I am from Green Bay and have been detecting since last August. I have been hitting the parks here in Green Bay and getting some clad coins. If you do Green Bay parks, you need a permit from the park and rec dept. for 6 bucks and you can only use a digging tool that is 3/8 in wide or narrower.

Last year I checked with DePere and they said there was no permit needed in your parks.

I usually hit the swing sets and monkey bars, etc. where kids would be likely to lose things.

I hope this helps the boy find some treasures. Also teach him to dig and cover his holes so when he is finished, it looks as good or better than when he started.

CAS

Jul 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you know if a permit is needed in Green Bay in places other than parks? Examples: swimming pool areas, ball diamonds, fair grounds etc?

Hunting many of the older parks would be difficult if we aren't even allowed to make a plug to search for older coins pre-1964...

Thank you in advance,

CAS

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DNR - controlled property (even lakes and private ponds) are off limits by administrative rule.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread