Potential and very temporary opportunity in Fox Valley

DMAC

Jul 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Edit--Sorry but the fill is being applied today so the window of opportunity has forever closed

Hello, I own a 100 year-old house in Menasha but I do not own a functional metal detector.

We are completely redoing the back yard and the tractors are there now as I write this to dig up and till under the old sod. The whole back yard is 100% grass free at the moment and the house is located in a historic neighborhood. The bad news is that we are doing this to fix a water pooling issue so a few dump truck loads of fill dirt will be coming in to regrade the yard. After that happens the opportunity is gone forever.

My son has been poking around and has found 8 million nails but he has also found a 1911 V nickel, a 1949 penny, a 1964 nickel and a 1988 quarter all with a $10 Bounty Hunter Jr garage sale metal detector.

I don't know when the fill dirt is coming in but if anyone is interested in a short notice search of my backyard and sharing the finds and some knowledge with my son, let me know via PM. I will check back later today and if at the end of the work day today the fill has not arrived or has arrived but has not been spread, I will give you a call.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread