Looking for gear in Milwaukee.

Stewie53110

Greenie
Aug 4, 2013
I'm new to prospecting and metal detecting. I am also new to the laws and what equipment I need and everything else. Does anyone have any ideas on panning or metal detecting in my area to get some good practice? I don't want to be one of the examples why not to allow metal detecting. I would also love to know what gear or tools people need when they go metal detecting. Perhaps if anyone has some collecting dust somewhere and would like to donate or sell it.
A friend of mine and I became interested in metal detecting while talking to a few guys waiting around at the Milwaukee VA. We were instantly hooked listening to some of those stories. My dad borrowed his detector to me earlier this summer but needed it back so I'm right back to square one again.
Any information, tips, tricks, or leads would really be appreciated. Thank you

Arkman1982

Mar 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey! You will want to get a good detector and some tools. Garrett pinpointer is a must along with a good digger. I like the Lesche but I hear the Garrett digger isn't bad either. I like the Garrett AT Pro for a detector but it can be pricey. I would practice by detecting your yard first. Best way to learn a detector is use it and you can't get in trouble in your own yard (just watch out for any buried electrical lines). You will also need a satchel of some sort to put all the things you find and a pair of rubber coated gloves for picking out your finds from the dirt (keeps your hands clean and protects you from glass if there is any in the hole). Let me know if you have any other questions. Good Luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread