Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Came across this site on a hunt for country park rules. From what I am reading, DNR rules don't apply to county parks... but to the water if it is considered a Navigable waterway. Haven't read anything about Milwaukee county parks... Oak creek parks will not let you dig... still reading. .. still looking for a good spot.

Tree banks.

The dirt has been shuffled around for decades if not more, and you never know from where or when. They tend to use topsoil when they can, and that's where the coins are.

Milwaukee has an old history, but so much is built over.

I C THE LITE

Mar 11, 2013
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
minelabs- se pro and excaliber, ace250, tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello from a fellow detectorist from New Berlin. No problem in hunting the Milw parks. Most of them have been detected to death but there are still treasures to be found. Send me a pm and maybe I can help you out.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit the Milwaukee Public Museum for local history, and also the State Historical Society web site.

bigcatrich

Tenderfoot
Dec 10, 2014
milwaukee, wi
Detector(s) used
beach cobra
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be advised : All milwaukee county parks come complete with Park Rangers.. they are NOT law enforcement and have no arrest/detention powers. Some municipalities patrol the county parks in their area, they are not county, they MAY NOT know the county rules for digging. Most deputies on patrol will only make contact if they see you doing something unusual. They may not know the rules for digging but they are fluent in county citations... Disorderly conduct is a biggie. No matter what you are doing, if a cop makes contact with you, be respectful. Even if they are jags... they can issue tickets ..you can't. A simple "dude move along" can turn into "go ahead and place your hands on the squad" quickly. If you know the county parks rules... you know..move on. just an FYI.. have fun

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread