Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Jun 2014
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Delta 4000
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

hey from Milwaukee

Came across this site on a hunt for country park rules. From what I am reading, DNR rules don't apply to county parks... but to the water if it is considered a Navigable waterway. Haven't read anything about Milwaukee county parks... Oak creek parks will not let you dig... still reading. .. still looking for a good spot.

Charter Member
    us
    Fly Navy!

Jun 2008
    York County, PA (USA) Brevard County, FL (USA)
    13294 times
    Welcome Aboard Bob!
    .:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.

"A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 7th, 1790)
    ..: Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office :..

.:: Rules and Guidelines ::.
    .:: NOTICE - You must be a Charter Member to sell on Treasure Net (Forum: Charter Member Classifieds) - NOTICE ::.

us
    May 2008
    Wisconsin
    Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
    869 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BobRegal View Post
    Came across this site on a hunt for country park rules. From what I am reading, DNR rules don't apply to county parks... but to the water if it is considered a Navigable waterway. Haven't read anything about Milwaukee county parks... Oak creek parks will not let you dig... still reading. .. still looking for a good spot.
    Tree banks.

The dirt has been shuffled around for decades if not more, and you never know from where or when. They tend to use topsoil when they can, and that's where the coins are.

Milwaukee has an old history, but so much is built over.
    "A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." — Friedrich Nietzsche

"You ask where I live. I cannot tell you. I am a Voyageur, a Chicot, sir. I live everywhere. My grandfather was a voyageur; he died while on a voyage. My father was a voyageur; he died while on a voyage. I will also die while en route, and another Chicot will take my place. Such is our course of life."

Mar 2013
    wisconsin
    minelabs- se pro and excaliber, ace250, tesoro
    89 times
    Hello from a fellow detectorist from New Berlin. No problem in hunting the Milw parks. Most of them have been detected to death but there are still treasures to be found. Send me a pm and maybe I can help you out.

us
    May 2008
    Wisconsin
    Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
    869 times
    Hit the Milwaukee Public Museum for local history, and also the State Historical Society web site.
    "A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." — Friedrich Nietzsche

"You ask where I live. I cannot tell you. I am a Voyageur, a Chicot, sir. I live everywhere. My grandfather was a voyageur; he died while on a voyage. My father was a voyageur; he died while on a voyage. I will also die while en route, and another Chicot will take my place. Such is our course of life."

Dec 2014
    milwaukee, wi
    beach cobra
    3 times
    Be advised : All milwaukee county parks come complete with Park Rangers.. they are NOT law enforcement and have no arrest/detention powers. Some municipalities patrol the county parks in their area, they are not county, they MAY NOT know the county rules for digging. Most deputies on patrol will only make contact if they see you doing something unusual. They may not know the rules for digging but they are fluent in county citations... Disorderly conduct is a biggie. No matter what you are doing, if a cop makes contact with you, be respectful. Even if they are jags... they can issue tickets ..you can't. A simple "dude move along" can turn into "go ahead and place your hands on the squad" quickly. If you know the county parks rules... you know..move on. just an FYI.. have fun

Sponsored Links