pgfhgs

Dec 23, 2014
Sedona AZ
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, AT Pro, Ace 250, Tesoro, Teknetics, Bounty Hunter EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Wisconsin,

Just wondering if anyone from Wisconsin would like to help get our sub-form just a bit more active than every couple of months a post shows up? So to get things started, I have had great luck getting permission and park permits, tons of coinage waiting to be uncovered here in Wisconsin

I will check this sub-form every few days that's my New Years resolution. :occasion14:

CRH Rulz

Jul 17, 2012
Midwest
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a great idea! I'm in!

OP
OP
P

pgfhgs

Dec 23, 2014
Sedona AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok great we get a few more and we should have something started!

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK so what are you planning here pardner.
There are a few lurkers waiting for something to happen.

I C THE LITE

Mar 11, 2013
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
minelabs- se pro and excaliber, ace250, tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is not a lot of replies for WI. There used to be a club in MILW with 100's of members and it was down to about 25 members about 2 years ago and decided to dissolve. If you can get something going that would be great.

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Checking in from Wausau. This is my first year out of three doing research on sites, and it is amazing how many old and not-so-obvious places there are to detect once you look at historic plats, historic aerial photos, and Google Maps.

OP
OP
P

pgfhgs

Dec 23, 2014
Sedona AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Checking in from Wausau. This is my first year out of three doing research on sites, and it is amazing how many old and not-so-obvious places there are to detect once you look at historic plats, historic aerial photos, and Google Maps.

Yes lots of places and MDecting is NOT off limits in Wisconsin only on DNR controlled land, most counties and city parks are appearing to be ok along with most county owned land! I still hope to have the list completed in time for some good springtime hunting.

Iniuan22

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2016
Menasha, WI
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First timer here. My detector should be arriving tomorrow. Unfortunately I have to wait for the thaw to use it. Would love to hook up with some folks in the spring to try it out and learn in the process.

Iniuan22

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2016
Menasha, WI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woohoo UPS just delivered my detector. I have a few bare spots in the lawn where I got a few potential hits. According to the readout they are pennies most likely but still exciting!!!!!

rac7658

Oct 24, 2015
near lacrosse west central wi
Detector(s) used
at pro,ace 250,at propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congratulations on your new detector. hope it brings you as much fun as mine does me. hoping the snow melts down soon. it has been a couple of weeks since i was able to get out. if you have access to wooded areas the ground may not be frozen solid, leaves and snow insulate the ground. i have found some items recently nothing to brag about but some old stove legs,stove lid lifter, iron rings shotshell headstamps. warning: it can be addicting. i started in october and am hopelessly snared.

Iniuan22

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2016
Menasha, WI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure I could find some areas to get permission. Not sure I'm ready though. Still reading up a lot.

Iniuan22

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2016
Menasha, WI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My pinpointer/bag/trowel came today. Along with some literature. All set to go!!! Super excited.

Last edited:

rac7658

Oct 24, 2015
near lacrosse west central wi
Detector(s) used
at pro,ace 250,at propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
perfect. now all that is needed is spring to arrive soon. hopefully the frost isn't to deep this year and will allow digging after a short warm up. what kind of new tools did you get?

Huntcrazy

Feb 14, 2016
Middleton, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter treasure hunter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm interested, I'm still new to MD, but I did just get the new Sampson shovel, and a new Garrett pro pin pointer in orange, so it will be harder to lose this one...

CaptainMorgan

Mar 4, 2007
Western Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and Titan 3000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm figuring a lot of the western central MD's of Wisconsin may go to the Minnesota clubs being we are so close to Minneapolis /St. Paul but I would like to organize an area club if enough interest exists.

CaptainMorgan

Mar 4, 2007
Western Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm in and more serious this time. All the hobbies I did with my kids I'm able to resume. It took quite a few years to even look at my coin collection, metal detectors or model airplanes after they passed away.

Gman65

Mar 28, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would love to get something going in wisconsin im in the turtle lake area....im very new to the game and need all the help i can get.

Nighthunter

Jun 10, 2009
Central Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
It would be nice to see threads started and added to here in 'Wisconsin' section. I was 'out' of the loop here for a couple of years but decided to get back in. Hope to see the finds and reports on a more timely basis.
Also nice to see what the relative 'age' of objects being found here in our state will be. Not as early as the east coast of course, but should be relative to the time being settled in our area.
Good luck and HH

CaptainMorgan

Mar 4, 2007
Western Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hit me up if you want a hunting partner I'm in New Richmond area. My biggest hang up is going alone so having someone that enjoys this also would be great.

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if ever in the milwaukee area send me a PM.

new to the hobby as of spring 2017

going out alone is fun but wold be nice to have a buddy or two!

-TheMilDetector-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread