Whites V3i, AT Pro, Ace 250, Tesoro, Teknetics, Bounty Hunter EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Janesville and Jefferson county

TommyTsunami

Jan 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First post, new to the hobby. Have never done it and my MD is still in its box, but very excited for spring. Thank you very much for putting this together. Right now the biggest issue I have is where I can MD.

Since Dane is included could you add Grant County? I have a retreat in Wyalusing and I'd like to know if I can MD a beach on the Mississippi, although I fear it's covered under the navigable water restriction.

Thanks again

Tom

OP
OP
P

pgfhgs

Dec 23, 2014
Sedona AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First post, new to the hobby. Have never done it and my MD is still in its box, but very excited for spring. Thank you very much for putting this together. Right now the biggest issue I have is where I can MD.

Since Dane is included could you add Grant County? I have a retreat in Wyalusing and I'd like to know if I can MD a beach on the Mississippi, although I fear it's covered under the navigable water restriction.

Thanks again

Tom

Tom, no problem I hope to have a nice list of towns, counties that allow MD in Wisconsin. I believe you will find that the Mississippi is under DNR control therefore NO METAL DETECTING, I will look into it farther what kind of MD do you have? I will look into grant county soon for you!

Miss Poppy

Tenderfoot
Jan 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi. Could Sauk County be added to your list? Thanks so much!

OP
OP
P

pgfhgs

Dec 23, 2014
Sedona AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be adding counties and towns as I research them currently my list is getting quite long of WHERE you CAN MD....stay tuned I will post it when complete let's say 1st week of March

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interested to see what you came up with for Marathon County. Shoot me a PM if you're not willing to share publicly yet.

OP
OP
P

pgfhgs

Dec 23, 2014
Sedona AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't gotten to Marathon county yet had a very busy few days here!

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it would be a much shorter list to add the county you cant detect in wisconsin?.....i havent heard of a single county that detecting isnt allowed ....state parks and yada yada yes but as for a off limit county? i know of none

farmerboy856

Mar 14, 2007
wi
Detector(s) used
whites v3i ,mxt pro, idx pro garretts pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last i knew public ground in the city of stanley Chippewa county wi parks and so forth are off limits per the city. If someone knows different please correct me.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last i knew public ground in the city of stanley Chippewa county wi parks and so forth are off limits per the city. If someone knows different please correct me.
Chippewa Falls park board considering new rules for metal detect - WQOW TV: Eau Claire, WI NEWS18 News, Weather, and Sports
Not sure where you read that its off limits ...they havent even voted on it yet....there trying to be big brother and make sure you get a permit and TRAINED to dig holes...the proper way ...rofl ....damn people in everyones pocket and hovering over them to make sure they arent doing anything fun.....as for this guy i will continue to dig and detect where i want to hell with them law makers

farmerboy856

Mar 14, 2007
wi
Detector(s) used
whites v3i ,mxt pro, idx pro garretts pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
just the city of stanley's public land only referenced chippewa as the county that stanley is in. News to me about the chippewa rules and hole digging training. i rarely get north of northern eau claire county and seldom off private land myself. but thank you for sharing. i was told that bout stanley a year and a half maybe two years ago now for what its worth.

OP
OP
P

pgfhgs

Dec 23, 2014
Sedona AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The city of Stanley has nothing in the town Ordinances, it must be posted on a sign at the parks. In regards to where you can't might be easier that is true other than I have found 2 counties that permits are needed and Dane has verbiage that leads me to believe you cannot!

OP
OP
P

pgfhgs

Dec 23, 2014
Sedona AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Feb 14th and the headline on the weather is identical :BangHead:

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Feb 14th and the headline on the weather is identical :BangHead:
Just have to embrace this beautiful cold weather ...jump on the sled and take it out for a rip

OP
OP
P

pgfhgs

Dec 23, 2014
Sedona AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its just freaking cold and windy but I am doing great on ebay buying and selling!!!!

cadenhastings

Apr 26, 2013
Would I be able to put in a request for Outagamie? Or maybe even the surrounding areas? I know there is a vast history here just waiting to be unearthed.

OP
OP
P

pgfhgs

Dec 23, 2014
Sedona AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would I be able to put in a request for Outagamie? Or maybe even the surrounding areas? I know there is a vast history here just waiting to be unearthed.

All 72 counties will be done the first week of March stay tuned!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread