Jan 17, 2015

pgfhgs

Dec 23, 2014
Sedona AZ
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, AT Pro, Ace 250, Tesoro, Teknetics, Bounty Hunter EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am looking at doing some searching and metal detecting in Wisconsin. I am new to this and am looking at doing the hunting anywhere around La Crosse Wi. to Eau Claire Wi. I am trying to find some old maps of the Mississippi and waterways. I have no idea where to start. Any information would be greatly appreciated..... Thank you in advance.

Watch the Wisconsin-Subform I am updating it at least weekly with small tid bits, also I am working on a complete list of places to MD in Wisconsin, hope to have it done by spring! I have 3 Cache treasures I am looking for but none in the area you wish to look. PM me if you want to "talk off the record" Not to good in Wisconsin to discuss where you plan to look DNR way to powerful here!

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is also a progressive archeologist you have yet to encounter that lurks this forum.
That is why it died and no one speaks about where they are or what they are doing anymore.
Think of it like out of sight out of mind. Maybe they will leave us in peace and move on in life.

pgfhgs

Dec 23, 2014
Sedona AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is also a progressive archeologist you have yet to encounter that lurks this forum.
That is why it died and no one speaks about where they are or what they are doing anymore.
Think of it like out of sight out of mind. Maybe they will leave us in peace and move on in life.

Maybe we can get some time in front of Walker to have the All knowing gods of the DNR "lighten up"

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is some copper I cleaned out of a local lake.

06-24C.JPG

This will do the trick.

outboard blower.jpg

Neighborhood Watch

View attachment DrunksWithGuns.bmp

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am looking at doing some searching and metal detecting in Wisconsin. I am new to this and am looking at doing the hunting anywhere around La Crosse Wi. to Eau Claire Wi. I am trying to find some old maps of the Mississippi and waterways. I have no idea where to start. Any information would be greatly appreciated..... Thank you in advance.

Here is something I wanted to track down but to far away.

Cave of Mounds WI..jpg

pgfhgs

Dec 23, 2014
Sedona AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually know where a wishing well is unfortunately it was filled in years ago and I don't own an excavator

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread