I'm New

RebelGamer311

Jan 25, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings all

so ive been watching Metal Detecting videos on YouTube now for a good couple of months and have been fascinated by the stuff people find,Ive always been interested in history and have been wondering what Wisconsin has to offer.
I live in the Sun Prairie area and would like to hunt semi local in woods,fields,shallow streams?
Is there anybody in the area who could help me along as i learn the rules and ways of metal detecting?

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Any town even the small ones that predate the civil war have a good chance to give up union buttons since they pretty much all mustered troops. Early dog tax tags can be found and older tokens and coins. Find places where older layers of dirt are exposed. Sidewalk projects, street projects and even house demo sites where they shave the top soil off. The closer to the earliest part of the community the better. The first successes will only lead to more of the better stuff.

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Send me a personal E-Mail I have several friends around the state that get together for day hunts from Janesville to Milwaukee and back to Madison again. The weather will be getting better soon.
Just bought another new machine that I have to book some hours on; so it can speak to me.
Do you have a machine and some gear ???

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions