Haunted Wisconsin Scott Mansion

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Scott Mansion in Lincoln County has been reportedly haunted for years.

The girls and I went to take pictures of it on Saturday . What a cool place.
I was the happy :o recipitant of one of the chairs that came from the mansion . My grandma bought the chair at an auction after the nuns acquired the property. There were a set of two that sat on the mansions back upper veranda.No one knows what happened to the second chair .Do I own a haunted chair :o....lets just say we dont keep it in the house.....Maybe I should sell it on ebay..... :)

There is a button in the arm of the chair that allows the entire chair to recline when pushed.

In the 1850's white lumbermen were welcomed by the Indians and their chief. Some time later his daughter Jenny, for whom the settlement was named for died. On how she died is speculation. One account says she fell in love with one of the lumberman, became pregnant and killed herself. Another is, she died during child birth. Another is she died from flu brought by the white man. The chief buried her on the hill, and cursed the ground that it would never do any white man any good. The curse is the legend. Nine people died after T.B. Scott bought the land for a home in 1884 and died unexpectedly in 1886 before the house was finished. Within a year his wife Ann died. Their son Walter went to see the architect to finish the house. He was stabbed to death by him. In 1893 it was sold to a man named Kuechle. He lost all his money on a gold mine and mortgaged the house to Tony Barsanti. Tony foreclosed and Kuechle went insane and died in an asylum. The same year Barsanti was stabbed to death in Chicago while waiting for a train to Merrill. In 1901, George Gibson bought the house and went to inspect it. He was never seen again. In 1906, Mary Fellhaber bought the property. Soon after fell ill and died. Popcorn Dan was the caretaker and died in 1912 after booking passage on the Titanic.The next caretaker Mr. Lloydsen died of alcoholism. In 1919 the widower of M. Fellhaber gave the property to the city. In 1923 the city gave it to the Sisters of the Holy Cross who have seemed to break the curse for now. Rumors of ghost sightings in the tower.

Attachments

• scott mansion RPPC.jpg
    scott mansion RPPC.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 1,884
  • scott 1.JPG
    scott 1.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 1,216
  • sc3.JPG
    sc3.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 1,098
  • veranda.JPG
    veranda.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 868
  • scott mansion chair.JPG
    scott mansion chair.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 1,183
  • church.JPG
    church.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 767

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
how exciting! I would definitely keep the chair! Make sure you write down the history of it and keep it with it too! Fascinating! :D

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy cow theres a face on the back cusion gypsy REALLY look at it :o

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is weird my daughter sees it too ???

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
aa battery said:
This is weird my daughter sees it too ???
Now that is funny....because we have been seeing that for years....we tried to reason that someones shoulders rubbed on it....but you would have to be 8 feet tall to have your shoulders reach that high.... :o :o

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NO NO the face is in between the 2 spots and is smaller eyes, nose and mouth wish i knew how to high light it.

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
aa battery said:
NO NO the face is in between the 2 spots and is smaller eyes, nose and mouth wish i knew how to high light it.
No.... I see where you are looking....I used the two rub spots for reference

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok i thought i was losing it great story :)AA

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
okay...if you look hard enough and you are convinced there is a face there because others have said there is....you can indeed see a maniacal clown looking face in between the two supposed shoulder rub spots! lol okay okay....leave it outside! ;) lol

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its not a clown its a woman leave it outside LOL

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haunted or not I would love to own an old house like that. If its haunted that would be even better, or at least make life interesting.

artemis moon

Jun 1, 2007
Near Bangor, Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Gypsy,

Great post! If that house isn't haunted, it really should be..it's creepy :o The chair is a definite keeper..it looks like a Stickney. You guys should go there at night and take some photos. My 14 year old loves to do this, it scares her just enough to make things interesting! Is it a private residence now or do the nuns still own it? Nuns will definitely scare the daylights out of ghosties and be able to break old Indian curses ;D Looks like a great detecting spot though!

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
It is now part of a Hospital Complex St Marys But there is property surrounding it that goes to the river that can be detected.

There are a ton of people who have contacted me about the chair...guess items from haunted places go for some pretty high bucks....ebay might get it soon. And I am sure its a Stickley which even helps.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions