vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post Romantreasures - so, Welcome Aboard!

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am on the other side of the state I want to road trip over there but time is short.
If I where you I would get some practice in and learn the machine you will be using.
I would travel up and down the river and hunt anything old or the landings, camp sites etc. There is sure to be some one you will hook up with. I ran into my best hunting partner at work. He was into scuba diving and we just started chit chatting about treasure and shared ideas. Talk treasure with every one and some one with a machine in there closet will come out and play.

Nighthunter

Jun 10, 2009
Central Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Agreed Bumpstick,
Have made a few friends by just being out detecting. One guy came up and asked how I was doing a few years back. Showed him a few wheats and a Indianhead. He went on to explain to me the years they were made and what was before and followed. Turned out he studied coins to help put himself through college and metal detected for enjoyment also. If I have any questions about any coins now he's just a phone call away. It's great that most like to join in and great hobby to enjoy with others.
HH and Good Luck!
PS. I'm in the southern part of the state but will keep in touch if can find time for a road trip!!

dogbeak

Aug 12, 2005
west central WI
hello
from Hillsdale area.
wish I could md more, very busy.
researching human history on the barrens in northestern burnett county.
Any ideas on a hunt?
Bill

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
whites mxt, tesoro lobo super trac., monster1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello , I have not tried around here , I always take big trips west , I have 80 acres in California , but I live in Wisconsin dells , when I use my detector its to find loud dirt that I will feed through my trommel or highbanker , I'm looking for placer gold though , not coins or relics , but I don't have anyone to play with either , sometimes I talk to the rocks , lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread