fuzzyback

Dec 27, 2017
South Central Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy all,

How is everyone enjoying the winter weather so far? It appears that we have finally hit the cold temperatures at least. I thought I would post and say hello. My name is Josh and I just received my first metal detector from my in laws for xmas this year. They asked for an idea from me of something frivolous that I wouldn't buy myself and I've always wanted to try metal detecting and here we are. I hope to see some life in these boards because I'm sure that we all get a bit more interested in our hobbies when someone else shares them with us. Well, anyway, thought I would say howdy.

Later,
Josh

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
where abouts ? madison ? janesville ? i dont make it over that way. so show us your finds. i have basically the same metal detector BH pioneer 101 winter sucks! well when its this cold anyway. to go metal detecting now you'll need a jack hammer so howdy back !

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to our forum!

1B90B89B-E0C3-4F79-ACCB-087F5FD0573C.jpeg

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from a born n bred Cheesehead...now in North Central Illinois. 🙋

OP
OP
F

fuzzyback

Dec 27, 2017
South Central Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm about a half hour north of madison in Columbus. I was excited to get a metal detector but now I'm seeing that the wait will be very hard to endure until spring.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Well put your time to use learning about sidewalk demo site hunting and demo locations. Arm yourself with knowledge!

Tailwinds

Jan 19, 2018
Southeast WI
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Josh,
Greetings from Union Grove, WI!
Like you, metal detecting is something I've wanted to do for a long time. I received my BH for X-mas and am looking forward to the spring thaw to take it out.
In hacking out these sites, I realize now there's quite a bit to learn, including the WI laws which seem pretty restrictive.
Good luck in your new hobby.

Rick

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard Mattie. Metal detecting laws, I got a permit at Dane County the state capital should be good the state over right?

Where and whom thought up the restrictions on metal detecting in the first place.
Some bureaucrat with nothing better to do than infringe on every ones right to enjoy them selves, Lost Freedom's.
Was it back in the 80's when the price of silver skyrocketed?
Every one was scouring the parks for that lost silver quarter. Some one is getting rich digging up coins right?
Remember when skate boards where popular? Then came the signs every where banning there use. Then the inline skates where the rage and more signs banning there use. Then the Geocaching became popular and more government restrictions. Poke man?
If you notice from the past, the regulations cripple the hobbies then they fade away Just what they wanted in the first place.
I stopped and asked if there where any metal detecting rules at a local city hall and they didn't even know what I was asking about.
That old communist bureaucrat is probably long gone, but there intrusion on peoples rights lives on. Need sunset clauses on all regulations.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome from N.Mississippi and good luck.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome aboard Mattie. Metal detecting laws, I got a permit at Dane County the state capital should be good the state over right?

Where and whom thought up the restrictions on metal detecting in the first place.
Some bureaucrat with nothing better to do than infringe on every ones right to enjoy them selves, Lost Freedom's.
Was it back in the 80's when the price of silver skyrocketed?
Every one was scouring the parks for that lost silver quarter. Some one is getting rich digging up coins right?
Remember when skate boards where popular? Then came the signs every where banning there use. Then the inline skates where the rage and more signs banning there use. Then the Geocaching became popular and more government restrictions. Poke man?
If you notice from the past, the regulations cripple the hobbies then they fade away Just what they wanted in the first place.
I stopped and asked if there where any metal detecting rules at a local city hall and they didn't even know what I was asking about.
That old communist bureaucrat is probably long gone, but there intrusion on peoples rights lives on. Need sunset clauses on all regulations.

Sunset clauses? Years back we joked about wearing hard hats and orange vests so people thought we worked for the city. After all we weren't moving very fast!

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Josh and Rick, welcome to TNet and yes, you guys have picked a great hobby to pursue. I have done some detecting in your state and don't worry, I left you guys some goodies! Don't be afraid to ask any questions here! Learn the proper way to dig and keep in mind that for every pound of aluminum pulltabs you remove and discard of properly, you will eventually be rewarded with a Gold ring. Put a test garden of coins and trash in your yards to practice on, it will be helpful! Good Luck!

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ACE 400, ACE 300, TESORO COMPADRE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from SW WI. Right on the shore of the mighty Mississippi River.

Anax

Tenderfoot
Aug 14, 2018
Central WI
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter tk4
...don't you laugh...don't you do it...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello all, just got my setup today and found an old Chinese coin in the backyard here in Central Wisconsin. Now all I can do is think about where I can get permissions.

I think I got bit by the beep, I didn't have enough hobbies I guess. The better 3/4 is pretty into too so at least if I upgrade anything in the future, the dog will keep the couch.

I'm excited to see finds and post stories. Have a great night, morning or afternoon whenever you read this.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread