Edgerton (or nearby)?

BlackX

Oct 7, 2006
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Explorer / Sovereign / Sidewinder
My childhood sweetheart, whom I keep visiting, lives in Edgerton. I'm thinking of bringing my detector along in this next trip--2 week trip but she's having surgery the second week--and wondering a few things.

1) Anyone in the area that's interested in doing some detecting?
2) Any suggestions on locations to go that won't entail going to the trouble of trying to gain permission in a short time frame. (Except that abandonded house on 51 on the way to Janesville that I've been lusting after ever since I first saw it. I'd love to spend a whole day there.)

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Old Racetrack Park would be a good place to hunt ....former sulky race track that has been updated to become a major community park/sports facility. Saunder's Creek meanders through the northern part of the park ..... The border of the park is wooded, which the interior has several baseball fields, soccer fields, and playground for the children. There is a small deer park that is for the residents and visitors to watch the deer interact and change with the seasons. The Conservation Club is also located in the park which hosts trap shooting leaguesand tractor pulls.

Attachments

• mapdata.gif
    mapdata.gif
    9.5 KB · Views: 295
OP
OP
BlackX

BlackX

Oct 7, 2006
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Thanks! I've walked her dog down there but didn't know it was an old racetrack (missed the name) but recognized the deer park. Is it visible where the track used to be?

BTW, any local laws I need to be aware of?

Thanks,
_Rich_

Ammo Dog

Apr 18, 2007
Southern Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
I live in milton about 10 miles from Edgerton. I'm interesting in doing some detecting. I don't know how much is left in edgerton I have been hunting there for about 10 years. let me know if you want to go.

OP
OP
BlackX

BlackX

Oct 7, 2006
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Hi. Wish I would have noticed this sooner. Looks like I'm leaving tomorrow.

Spent some hours for about 4 days at the racetrack w/ nothing interesting to show for it. One day at an old schoolhouse/church out a ways w/ nothing but a 30-30 casing and some sort of brass gas(?) doohickey, and then another day in downtown areas w/ nothing but a little modern change.

I _might_ be able to get out a little tomorrow but I wouldn't bet on it either. I'll likely be back on later trips so may post again.

Thanks,
_Rich_

wazonme

Nov 19, 2007
reedsburg wisconsin
Detector(s) used
white dfx
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Graduated from Edgerton H.S. Know the area well. Saunders creek etc.... Now I live in Reedsburg NW of Edgerton. wazonme

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread