South Eastern Wisconsin

OP
OP
S

suburbanhunt

Dec 4, 2007
Although I do have some leads most are from the mid to late 1800's. Not much info , atleast what i can find, on the fur trade south of Milwaukee

OP
OP
S

suburbanhunt

Dec 4, 2007
True story happened to me today actually. I was in the barbar shop getting a hair cut and we were talking about my new Garrett detector i am getting for Christmas. well its just the two barbers and I, and the older one in his late 60's pulls me aside after my cut and says he knows of a place for me to check out. I kind of looked at him a little crazy and he told me about a close friend of his dads that owned a farm when he was a child. this family friend went through the great depression and was very distrusting of banks. he buried his saving in milk cans in his back yard. eventually the husband and wife passed away, but with no children . recently the old house was bull dosed and a major retail store was built on a section of the old farm because of its free way access ( I assume). he told me the farm house was about 300 yards from what is now the parking lot and the surrounding land is grown wild.
I asked him why he never went looking for it, he told me he didn't think an old farmer would have much worth looking for . but now that he thinks about it some of those old bills or coins might be worth something....... anyone got any suggestions on what i should set my bounty hunter track IV at to find a milk can or two ? also any ideas on who I should contact when a company owns the property ?

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Your BH will sing loud and clear as soon as it hits a milk can...even a deep one ....leave it on all iron and go for it. Hope you find a bundle ! Its probally not deep tho...the hole would have been enough to set the can into and then the lid covered with a few inches of dirt.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread