Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Charter Member

May 2007
    3 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Gold Panning in WI....where?

Wondering where would be a great place to go gold panning in wisconsin. Any suggestions?
    CRH Totals
    90%: 24
    40%: 138
    War Nickels: 3
    Silver Dimes: 15

us
    Feb 2005
    Menominee, Michigan
    T-2,
    2 times

Re: Gold Panning in WI....where?

not really sure, look on the gpaa site, im sure there must be some, im going to be looking around Marquette county in Mi., ive seen some in the streams with the heavy spring run off, usually located in the magnitite[ black sands], bought some pans 2 yrs ago, went out ounce im the spring, the water was pretty cold, then spent all my time detecting, buying a sluice box next week, going to spend some time at it this summer, my buddy met a couple, that come up every summer from az. and make enough for there trip up and to stay the summer
    where's the good stuff

Charter Member

May 2007
    3 times

I'm completly new to this....gpaa?
    CRH Totals

us
    Feb 2005
    Menominee, Michigan
    T-2,
    2 times

i think its gold prospectors association of america
    where's the good stuff

us
    So much TREASURE so little time!

Mar 2007
    wi
    whites dfx,prizm 6t, idx pro
    9 times
    Metal Detecting

i point you towards to creeks that were know many years ago to have produced gold. if you take me with an show me how to pan!! my great grand father used to pan enough to pay his taxes. acording to family story. i know there was a small gold mine in the one area an the other one i just know where the creek is an the name of it.
    I hunt for FUN and everything else is just an added bonus!

Jan 2007
    1 times

You live near Milwaukee? There is flour gold in virtually every river around you. It is nearly microscopic and you probably wouldn't even notice it if you weren't looking for ridiculously small specks. Every place the glaciers went in Wi you will find some gold. There is a GPAA chapter that meets in Greenbush (up by Sheboygan) on the second Saturday of the month at 3:00 pm at the only church in town. Come to the meeting and you will meet all sorts of people, some who live close to you, who will help you find WI gold.
    Gold is where you find it......isn't everything where you find it?

us
    I'm not a pawn I am the king.

Sep 2007
    Trego Wi
    Garret Ace 250

Charter Member

May 2007
    3 times

Quote Originally Posted by EggyOG
    You live near Milwaukee? There is flour gold in virtually every river around you. It is nearly microscopic and you probably wouldn't even notice it if you weren't looking for ridiculously small specks. Every place the glaciers went in Wi you will find some gold. There is a GPAA chapter that meets in Greenbush (up by Sheboygan) on the second Saturday of the month at 3:00 pm at the only church in town. Come to the meeting and you will meet all sorts of people, some who live close to you, who will help you find WI gold.
    Just re-read this and noticed the meeting time. I wish i could make one of these meetings unfortunatly im stuck at work until 5pm at the earliest on Sat.
    CRH Totals

us
    Calories in... calories burned... whats left is you.

Jul 2008
    Gold Country, Yarnell, AZ
    Various
    66 times

Hey Josh,

I went to Plum Creek in the Rock Elm area. I went there because of a meteorite strike a looooooong time ago. I took a pan with me, and sure enough I found gold. Mostly flour, but one small nugget just barely big enough to roll in my fingers. (Confirmed by the Park Ranger.) Remind me the next time we're on a hunt together.

TimC
    I knew a man who rode his horse backwards, because seeing where he has been was much less scary than seeing where he was going.

Charter Member

May 2007
    3 times

I thought u couldnt dig in the waters there due to the fishery or something like that over there.....otherwise i woulda tried it. We should go sometime if u want?
    CRH Totals

us
    Calories in... calories burned... whats left is you.

Jul 2008
    Gold Country, Yarnell, AZ
    Various
    66 times

Going there would be fine, Josh. It's a State, or County Park. I don't remember which. Recreational panning is allowed. The ranger even hade a vile with gold in it.

It's not a day trip though, maybe a weekender, or in your case a trip up... pm panning... am panning.... and trip back. It would take some planning.

TimC
    I knew a man who rode his horse backwards, because seeing where he has been was much less scary than seeing where he was going.

us
    Nov 2004
    Edwards,Missouri
    MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
    35 times

Rice Lake Chapter, (Rice Lake, WI)

Email:
    Phone)

Tomah Chapter huntforgems.com/gpaatomahwi
    Mike Flint
    Email: mwink12@excite.com
    Phone608) 372 0694
    Meets 3rd Saturday every month at 11:00 AM. Tomah Boys & Girls Club

Greenbush Chapter (Greenbush, WI)
    Ronald Smith
    Email: rdsmith@quixnet.net
    Phone920) 892-4092
    Meets 2nd Saturday Monthly at 3:00 PM, New Hope United Methodist Church (Fellowship Hall) W 7797 Center St, Greenbush

Charter Member

May 2007
    3 times

Quote Originally Posted by TimC
    Going there would be fine, Josh. It's a State, or County Park. I don't remember which. Recreational panning is allowed. The ranger even hade a vile with gold in it.

It's not a day trip though, maybe a weekender, or in your case a trip up... pm panning... am panning.... and trip back. It would take some planning.

TimC
    I might have to buy a pan and drive there early early morning (start out 4am) Get there at sun-up......leave at about 6pm. Unfortunatly i doubt the wife will let me stay overnight =(. We havnt spent a single night apart in 2 years
    CRH Totals

Charter Member
    us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

Jun 2008
    Yarnell,AZ and Titusville,FL
    Right now: Garrett GTA 500, ACE 250, Fisher Impulse 8, Gold Bug 2, Whites GMT, Vibraprobe 570, and Falcon MD20
    1619 times
    Coinshooting, Gold prospecting, and Nuggetshooting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by alpha105
    Quote Originally Posted by TimC

TimC
    I might have to buy a pan and drive there early early morning (start out 4am) Get there at sun-up......leave at about 6pm. Unfortunatly i doubt the wife will let me stay overnight =(. We havnt spent a single night apart in 2 years
    Ahh, you're still in love.... give it a few more years... she'll be saying, "Go, go. Get out of my hair!" Just kidding, ha ha. Did you say it was going to be a boy or girl? I forgot. TTC
    Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalms 144:1

Charter Member

May 2007
    3 times

Girl......due the end of next month =)
    CRH Totals

Sponsors