Need help with Plat map.....

alpha105

May 19, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well....all in all i dont know how to read a Plat map......i need to find out the exact location of the gold in this location

http://images.library.wisc.edu/awar...resource=PlatMaps/TN29/reference/002909EA.jp2

The information i have is
The Reef deposit is located in T29N, R9E (Town of Easton). I'm not as sure of the section number, but go to the Register of Deeds office for Marathon County in Wausau. By perusing the Mineral Register there, look for mineral leasing in that area and you'll fine the exact location.

All stemming from
Reef property. This hydrothermal deposit, known solely from drill core, occurs 12 miles east of Wausau: chalcopyrite, gold (visible grains to nuggets up to 1 cm across), pyrrhotite, quartz (Anonymous 1991; La Berge, pers. com.).
- Gold in quartz veins occurs at the Reef property prospected by Niranda about 12 miles E. of Wausau. The explored reserves were estimated at between 120,000- 140,000 ounces. Some of the gold is as visible flakes and small crystals (Anonymous, 1991).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. It took me awhile of talking to people in here, local geoligists and officials in the DNR.

Ryan1979

Mar 8, 2007
St. Paul, MN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, ACE250
Hello,

It would be much easier to locate this with a modern plat. I think the ones on that site are really old, maybe the originals. About a year ago, another T-Net member had free access through work to all Wisconsin plats. His user ID was: Arakronn

He was helping me with a location of an old gold mine in Wisconsin and sent me the digital plat of the area. I think contacting him should be your next step. If he doesn't have access, you might be able to 'peruse' a copy of the plat at the county's register of deeds for free. Maybe make a copy of it. It should only cost a dollar or so.

OP
OP
alpha105

alpha105

May 19, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
flambeau mine area u looking at?

Ryan1979

Mar 8, 2007
St. Paul, MN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, ACE250
No, it was one near Knapp, Wisconsin (off Interstate 94, 1 hour east of the twin cities). It is on private property and the owners say its a no-go. I do know of some other areas near Knapp where people have been doing a little prospecting though the last few years. It would be northwest of there about 15 miles or so near Glenwood City (where I grew up).

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alpha105 Try your luck with this WI Topo web site.
http://dnrmaps.wisconsin.gov/imf/imf.jsp?site=webview.drgdownload
MARATHON COUNTY is the general area.
If you need a hunt Buddie drop me a line my E-Mail is open.
Good luck with your research I have a good idea of the area you are referring to.
When you find small crystals of gold you must be standing on the source.
You wouldn't happen to own a Alpha Romeo; I am working on one right now.

Brian

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread