Lake Delton - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    us
    Aug 2008
    Wisconsin

Re: Lake Delton

My first post on this forum. I didn't hunt there until 6 weeks after it drained and there were holes all over the place!! I hunted this lake about 7 times for about 4 hours each time. I found 3 class rings, two of them gold, one men's silver wedding band, silver washington and rosy and two silver religious medallions. I wish I would have hit it right after the draining, I will bet there where dozens and dozens of gold and silver rings taken from there.

us
    May 2008
    Wisconsin
    Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
    883 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

The dam construction is complete and they have started to fill the lake. About 7 feet over the winter, and the rest in the spring by May.

Better get a scuba rig............

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." — Friedrich Nietzsche

"You ask where I live. I cannot tell you. I am a Voyageur, a Chicot, sir. I live everywhere. My grandfather was a voyageur; he died while on a voyage. My father was a voyageur; he died while on a voyage. I will also die while en route, and another Chicot will take my place. Such is our course of life."

us
    Sep 2006
    N.W.A.
    Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
    16 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Ok, bomber, Time for confession. I'm getting ready to post my year-end finds, so just to let you know, Lake deloton was amazing. I got 10 or so hunks O'gold, 2-3 dozen silver jewelries, and a decent pile of silver coin, wheats(which come out shiny and coppery), and some cool tokens, not to mention several nice antique fishing lures. I kept hearing that the lake was "all hunted out" by people that were practically jogging down the beach with detectors, they wanted to cover lots of ground. I slowed down and crawled, but I didn't want people to know that. It was a heck of an experience, and I actually learned how to ID gold pretty well. Keep an eye on the 2008 year-end posts, I'll be putting pics up there.
    I noticed that no-one really utilizes all the signature space provided, so I figured to be REALLY original I would make up the longest signature that I could and probably just leave it as one big run on sentence because all that punctuation just takes up way too much space-HH.

us
    Jan 2006
    DUI
    62 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

AWESOME! lets see those pics bud,is it filling up yet or spring?
    the dreams of the young are the regrets of the old

us
    Sep 2006
    N.W.A.
    Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
    16 times
    Banner Finds (1)

They're starting to fill it now, It should be finished near the end of may or so.
    I noticed that no-one really utilizes all the signature space provided, so I figured to be REALLY original I would make up the longest signature that I could and probably just leave it as one big run on sentence because all that punctuation just takes up way too much space-HH.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links