Lake Delton
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    us
    Jan 2006
    DUI
    62 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Lake Delton

anybody going to check it out now? gotta be lots of loot there,if anybody finds a gold ring its mine,i lost it years ago it'll be round and gold.let me know when ya find it
    the dreams of the young are the regrets of the old

us
    Apr 2006
    northeast Wisconsin
    Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
    22 times

Re: Lake Delton

Sounds like a couple locals have started checking it out already

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/c...,6464188.story

About 1/2-way down the article.

Diggem'
    Yup. The end of a way of life. Too bad. It's a good way. Wagons forward! Yo!

us
    Jun 2007
    Central Wisconsin
    ATPro
    871 times
    Banner Finds (1)

I'm planning on going Friday, if it isn't raining.

us
    Jan 2006
    DUI
    62 times

keep us in the loop mick,curious about how it looks out there .................and good luck!

Dec 2004

went fri morn not alot but fun misc. coins and a key and a copper ring. to bad the lake looks like a waste land
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	copper ring.jpg 
Views:	745 
Size:	220.8 KB 
ID:	211488  

us
    Sep 2006
    N.W.A.
    Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
    16 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Not posting my finds yet.
    I noticed that no-one really utilizes all the signature space provided, so I figured to be REALLY original I would make up the longest signature that I could and probably just leave it as one big run on sentence because all that punctuation just takes up way too much space-HH.

us
    Jan 2006
    DUI
    62 times

i guess you found something,why the secrect?

Mar 2008
    Chicago IL
    Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
    88 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

what did you find??
    Come check out my MD'ing videos:
    http://youtube.com/user/TreasureFiend

us
    Jun 2008

I made it to Lake Delton today. Not much to be had. There is just so much area to hunt. Plus from the holes it looks like alot has already been hauled out. Anyone on here find any really cool stuff. What about silver? It isnt like you have to disclose where in the 250 acre lake ya found it!

us
    Jan 2006
    DUI
    62 times

hey goldfish,still waiting

us
    May 2008
    Wisconsin
    Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
    922 times

I spent some time out there, and it's a lot of lake bed to cover, about 250 acres.

My total take was not worth mentioning, but others I saw made as much as a couple of bucks in clads. Ho hum.

I'm sure there are a few rings and such, but I was struck by how little I found in the hours I spent there.

I heard there were a few guns found, but that could probably be said of almost any lake in this hunting country. Lots of anchors, fish poles, can's, bottles, general junk.

The kids ended up clearing out pop cans from the swimming beach so that no one would get cut on them when the water returns.
    "A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." Friedrich Nietzsche

"You ask where I live. I cannot tell you. I am a Voyageur, a Chicot, sir. I live everywhere. My grandfather was a voyageur; he died while on a voyage. My father was a voyageur; he died while on a voyage. I will also die while en route, and another Chicot will take my place. Such is our course of life."

Charter Member
    us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

Jun 2008
    Yarnell, AZ
    Ace 250 (2), Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Falcon MD20, Garrett pinpointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
    7629 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

A history book I'm reading says some of Lake Delton was the town of Newport, WI founded by Bailey and Bowman in 1849. The railroad ultimately went across the WI river about 2 miles north, now WI Dells, so newport kinda died. Lake Delton was created in the 1920's. Dawn Manor, which still stands along the lake shore is the only known Newport building still standing. The filling of Lake Delton covered some of the town. Other portions of the town can be "eyed" by looking for non-native vegetation such as lilacs and locusts that still bloom today. They will lead you to slight hollows in the ground, the remnants of the cellars of the bygone homes. Now, knowing that, you dirt busters in the area have some new leads to old places! Good Luck! TTC (source:Ghost towns of WI, 1977 Stark)
    WARNING: TerryC has so much TOXIC MASCULINITY that he is known to cause cancer in California.

us
    Sep 2006
    N.W.A.
    Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
    16 times
    Banner Finds (1)

A lot of the old newport sites have been heavily hunted. Trust me, I know. Many of the locals know about it, that includes everyone I've met that owns an MD. It is neat history tho'.
    I noticed that no-one really utilizes all the signature space provided, so I figured to be REALLY original I would make up the longest signature that I could and probably just leave it as one big run on sentence because all that punctuation just takes up way too much space-HH.

us
    May 2008
    Wisconsin
    Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
    922 times

Lake Delton was created in 1927, and Newport fizzled by 1850 and was all folded up by around 1870. I don't think that anything is due to be found by assuming that the two are related.

Quite a time gap there.

I was struck by how little was found in the lake. I've done much better in small old parks. My understanding talking to old timers is that it used to be a sorghum field (wet meadow).

Here's Lake Delton last weekend, looking west.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03426sm.jpg 
Views:	513 
Size:	343.8 KB 
ID:	224615  
    "A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." Friedrich Nietzsche

"You ask where I live. I cannot tell you. I am a Voyageur, a Chicot, sir. I live everywhere. My grandfather was a voyageur; he died while on a voyage. My father was a voyageur; he died while on a voyage. I will also die while en route, and another Chicot will take my place. Such is our course of life."

us
    Jan 2006
    DUI
    62 times

hey goldfish is it time to show your finds yet?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links