My idea of a test plot....

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's an idea for the newbies on how to practice pinpointing. Cut a piece of 1/4 inch plywood 4 feet by 2 feet (a 2 feet section of an 8x4 sheet). Epoxy a 4 " thick piece of styrafoam to one side. Make sure the styrafoam is exactly the same size as the plywood sheet. On both sides, mark the surface with a grid of one inch squares. Lay the plywood on its side so it is 4 feet wide and 2 feet high. Label the LEFT side, top to bottom as A through X(24 inches). Label across the top as one through 48 (48 inches). Also label the BACK. Make sure the BACK labeling corresponds to the FRONT (IMPORTANT! A1 on the front is top left, on the back is top right!). Now, tape a coin or two to the styrafoam and practice pinpointing the targets. If you're working alone, write down the location(s), such as T26, F38, etc. Now turn the board over and see how close you are. Working with a partner, just keep the board up and your partner can call out how close you are. Works for me!

tlzkaasen

Jun 20, 2008
SE Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500|| Garret ACE 250 (Daughter) || Sunray YF-1 Invader Inline Probe|| Garrett Head Phones|| 2008 Rat Head Phones||
Not a bad idea. You retired guys come up with all the good ideas!!

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No, it's like us retired guys would like to get the testing done while holding the boardfor the testee. (from a reclinerr set for my frame and leg length reletive to a place wherea beer is only 3 feet away and brought to us by HOOTER girls Now THAT would draw a party crowd. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread