We need to get a few people together in SE wisconsin....and a Great site

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

tlzkaasen

Jun 20, 2008
SE Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500|| Garret ACE 250 (Daughter) || Sunray YF-1 Invader Inline Probe|| Garrett Head Phones|| 2008 Rat Head Phones||
TerryC said:
Josh,
Tue: 7:30pm....I just finished talking to Tlzkaasen (Travis) and he will probably be able to meet us at the southern site. He is not sure if he can make the 3:00 start but he will try. See you there at 3:00..... I'll bring the camera. TTC

Where are the pics of the finds. Sorry, was stuck at work until almost 6! Always happens when I want to get out of the office. Hope you guys had some great finds!

Travis

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
tlzkaasen said:
TerryC said:
Josh,
Tue: 7:30pm....I just finished talking to Tlzkaasen (Travis) and he will probably be able to meet us at the southern site. He is not sure if he can make the 3:00 start but he will try. See you there at 3:00..... I'll bring the camera. TTC

Where are the pics of the finds. Sorry, was stuck at work until almost 6! Always happens when I want to get out of the office. Hope you guys had some great finds!

Travis

Refer to my post in Today' Finds. It was a LEAN collection... nice thimble, though. TTC

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to join your group.
I don't have a detector yet but; I am planning to buy a new one this week end. I am going to the 1st Annual Wisconsin Gold Rush Days in Spencer WI. I am hoping the vendors there are ready to deal. I gave my detector away to my godson some 20 years ago. I have been doing that gold prospecting gig but my back has been paining me every time I go out; Just to much hard work for just a little color.
Send me an E-Mail and I will get back with you.
P.S. If any one needs a Gold Prospecting Buddy give me a holler. No heavy lifting.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bumpstick said:
I don't have a detector yet but; I am planning to buy a new one this week end. I am going to the 1st Annual Wisconsin Gold Rush Days in Spencer WI. I am hoping the vendors there are ready to deal. I gave my detector away to my godson some 20 years ago. I have been doing that gold prospecting gig but my back has been paining me every time I go out; Just to much hard work for just a little color.
P.S. If any one needs a Gold Prospecting Buddy give me a holler. No heavy lifting.
Bumpstick,
Yes, Come on and join us! Here is my e-mail... [email protected] "the group" so far is TimC, Alpha105 (Josh), Lokkenpa (Phil), JimB and I, TerryC. Travis in Oconomowoc is also a member but he works too hard and too much! Follow our posts to get an idea of the kind of places we go to. I own 7 detectors, ready to lend one to you during any hunt (no take home). I have no qualms about more people in the group... bigger is better! TTC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bumpstick said:

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TerryC said:
Bumpstick said:
Bumpstick,
Yes, Come on and join us! Here is my e-mail... [email protected] "the group" so far is TimC, Alpha105 (Josh), Lokkenpa (Phil), JimB and I, TerryC. Travis in Oconomowoc is also a member but he works too hard and too much! Follow our posts to get an idea of the kind of places we go to. I own 7 detectors, ready to lend one to you during any hunt (no take home). I have no qualms about more people in the group... bigger is better! TTC
Thanks for having me in your group. I have only been living in Wisconsin for about 2 years now. I moved up here with my job from Kansas. My job went away so I am in the middle of a new job search. I don’t know the lay of the land here yet but my parents lived in Oconomowoc back in 1946. Thanks for the offer to use one of your machines but I have to have one of my own.

gregkalvelage

Tenderfoot
Oct 25, 2008
wauwatosa, wisconsin
Detector(s) used
BH quick draw 2
i live in wauwatosa. what kind of sites do you guys visit? im interrested in old coins. since ive never found one yet. i have a bounty hunter qd2. bought it 2weeks ago. just ordered the 10" magnum coil and am interrested in trying out a group hunt. if you guys go on a weekday id have to skip work. will soon be late in the season perhaps i can meet up with you guys on a weekend? before the ground freezes. just found this website today. looks to be the best one ive found so far.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
gregkalvelage said:
i live in wauwatosa. what kind of sites do you guys visit? im interrested in old coins. since ive never found one yet. i have a bounty hunter qd2. bought it 2weeks ago. just ordered the 10" magnum coil and am interrested in trying out a group hunt. if you guys go on a weekday id have to skip work. will soon be late in the season perhaps i can meet up with you guys on a weekend? before the ground freezes. just found this website today. looks to be the best one ive found so far.
[/quote/]
Welcome to T'net, Greg. I was a 'Tosa police officer in the 80's. Our "group" is a loose-knit bunch that just enjoys getting out to detect. We have not done a "group" hunt, as in club-style hunt. We just call each other and go. I like parks, empty lots, old homes, school grounds, etc. Send me an e-mail at [email protected] or call me at 321-544-8834. We will be glad to have you along. We will find you old coins. Others in the group are Alpha105, bumpstick, TimC, Lokkenpa, JimB, TclKaasen, Pj of WI, and about 3 others. Very informal. Send an e-mail to me. Don't wait too long, I don't have an ice-pick in my arsenal! TTC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
gregkalvelage said:
GregKalvelage,
Sorry... read the above! TTC

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you guys get a hunt together for the Spring, I'm sure some of us Chicagoans would make a road trip. Always great to meet new faces in our hobby! HH :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread