Water Buffalo?

lokkenpa

Aug 8, 2008
Edmond, OK
Detector(s) used
MineLab e-Trac, Garrett Ace250, SunRay X-1, ProPointer
TerryC and I went out hunting today at a Dodge County park. Did not do as well as we wanted. Found a few relics and only one wheatie (which Terry found). But as we were hunting, Terry looks up and spots a "buffalo" in near by pasture that is wagging it's tail. I turned to look where he was looking and busted a gut laughing. It was one of those plywood cutouts. Then Terry started laughing cause he swore he saw it wag its tail... But I guess you had to be there... :P

Phil

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Phil,
Ha ha. I should have taken a picture and posted the BUFF I found....two of them....ha ha. We also found a silver spoon, belt buckle, and other farm stuff. The area was a farm and the barn still stands. Several old trees at least 100 years old have more potential than we could coax out of the ground in the heat. I found 97 cents clad and Phil found about as much. The wheat was a 1937 D. Phil's wife and two of his kids came by. We all had fun. TTC

FCCDFEd

Sep 29, 2007
Terra Bella, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey don't laugh the tail might have moved. Here in Calif. the Fish and Game have set up decoys that have moving parts so they can catch the illegal hunters off the road, or out of season or by taking an illegal animal ( doe or young buck). I hear it works pretty good and the fine here in Calif. can be devastating ( confiscating the gun, the vehicle, a fine and jail ).

Fccdfed

the beav

Jun 14, 2008
west bend area
Detector(s) used
spectrum xlt
Hey terry, how is the digging on land. I haven't been hitting the grass for quite some time. I was out on silver lake last night by West Bend hittin the sand bar.Found about 22 coins and one ring and lots of pull tabs. I need to hit the parks soon but figured it might be too dry.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Beav,
Your "accent" sounds like a guy I know named Randy. The grass in yesterday's park was not bad. Hard. At the farm house I did not use a T-14. I went down to a T-12. Slimmer. Better able to push through the harder soil. Beneath the trees and near the swings, the ground was lower and loamy, more moist. Much easier to push. Moisture made the earth clod up nice. Easier to put back in the hole. Phil and I recovered about 1.70 or 1.80 for about 3 hours work. Get where I'm going with that?
Nice to hear from you, (Randy?) TTC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Phil,
Next time you get out that way, take a pair of binoculars to check that buff. Maybe they have a "rope" tail. That would make it "wag". I sure thought it did! TTC

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have kept one eye on that buffalo! I also have not detected Silver Lake for 30 years, that is probably why there were so many coins there. You did well for a place that has been scant in the past.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions