Looking for person to travel to Canadas east coast for some Colonial site det.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking for person to travel to Canada's east coast for some Colonial site det.

I'm posting this for a friend from WI who pays me a yearly visit to do some Colonial coin & relic hunting for 2-3 weeks at my early sites in the Canadian Maritime provinces. This past Dec. he lost his wife to cancer and would like someone to travel with and share the driving - trip expences. (gas - mid. size car, motel, etc.) He will be leaving Black River Falls on about Sept. 27th and doing most of the driving through the US. If you are in the area of one of the following places and have interest in this please message me and we can talk more.

Anywhere in Wisconsin. (it can probably be worked out)

Northern Illinois.

Nothern Indiana

Southern Michigan

Northern Ohio

South-West Pennsylvania

.... and anywhere in the US if you would be willing to meet somewhere along the route, preferably as close to WI as possible.

We hunt farm fields that date from the mid. 1700s to mid. 1800s, the earlier the better and these will be new fields we will be looking at as well as my best from the past if they have been ploughed. There is a long list of items that are possible to find here but to name a few I have found quite a few Spanish cobs and reales, Rev War & 1812 buttons, very wide varierty of early relics, then there's our Canadian Colonial tokens which we dig many of, for early American I have a Rosa Americana two pence, few CT coppers, Vermont, 1795 lg cent. Of course there is no guarantee in finds for detecting but I hold nothing back when taking guests to sites, I want to see great stuff come out. I do have many ideas for the Fall and at this point there is still more fields to try than we could cover. Each day there would be either 3 or 4 of us and I haven't ruled out setting a larger gathering up along the way to meet up with many of my friends along the coast. Yes we are all detecting junkies.

Anyway, that's a quick summary, any questions just write me. This post is just some help for him and should he find someone in the meantime it is of course his choice.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Looking for person to travel to Canada'a east coast for some Colonial site det.

Interesting...... will a passport be required.... I got one. TTC

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Looking for person to travel to Canada'a east coast for some Colonial site d

TerryC said:
Interesting...... will a passport be required.... I got one. TTC

A passport into the Colonial era? No :)

To get into Canada it would have to be looked into because I'm not sure if it was only required to fly in. For anyone interested in this hunt we would obviously have to make sure they could enter without a problem.

lokkenpa

Aug 8, 2008
Edmond, OK
Detector(s) used
MineLab e-Trac, Garrett Ace250, SunRay X-1, ProPointer
Re: Looking for person to travel to Canada'a east coast for some Colonial site det.

Yes a passport is now required to travel to and from Canada... My dad and I were looking at going fishing up there this summer and investigated this. Terry, I think you might have a hard time gettin in if they picked you to search because of the medication rules that apply. My dad is on some hefty meds and we decided not to because he would have gotten in trouble for all the meds he needed to bring.

Just my 2 cents.

Phil

tlzkaasen

Jun 20, 2008
SE Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500|| Garret ACE 250 (Daughter) || Sunray YF-1 Invader Inline Probe|| Garrett Head Phones|| 2008 Rat Head Phones||

lokkenpa said:
Yes a passport is now required to travel to and from Canada... My dad and I were looking at going fishing up there this summer and investigated this. Terry, I think you might have a hard time gettin in if they picked you to search because of the medication rules that apply. My dad is on some hefty meds and we decided not to because he would have gotten in trouble for all the meds he needed to bring.

Just my 2 cents.

Phil

Really? I've never heard of physician prescribed meds being a problem going anywhere? I took a bottle of 50 painkillers through an airport search at O'hare on an out of the country flight with no problem at all.

:icon_scratch:

lokkenpa

Aug 8, 2008
Edmond, OK
Detector(s) used
MineLab e-Trac, Garrett Ace250, SunRay X-1, ProPointer
Re: Looking for person to travel to Canada's east coast for some Colonial site det.

Guess it depends on the country and type or medication. We were cautioned though... Might have been because of the "take as needed" pain killers that could not be calculated out based on the length of your stay.

Phil

A. Grignon

Oct 9, 2007
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT & Whites Beachhunter
Re: Looking for person to travel to Canada's east coast for some Colonial site d

When does he come to visit?

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Looking for person to travel to Canada's east coast for some Colonial site d

A. Grignon said:
When does he come to visit?

Looks like the Spring now. He didn't want to do the drive alone.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread