Wukong Fishing Magnet and Rope

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After seeing them here as a Supporting Vendor and reading over the magnet fishing forum section I decide to pick one up and try it out. I decided to get the largest magnet they offered (1146 lbs) since the part of the lake I will be fishing it mostly thick clay around the banks and docks. I'm guessing that it will take a lot of force to pull something up if it's partially stuck in the muck. Here are some pictures of this bad boy in hand, it's huge! It's almost 5'' in diameter and has some serious pulling power. I headed out to test it out this week and I will report back on how it works.

Here's links to the products I got:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07415RPTC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HML8T9D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attachments

• 5Mey2NBRQXWuD8IW0ui8WQ.jpg
    5Mey2NBRQXWuD8IW0ui8WQ.jpg
    857.6 KB · Views: 56
  • oePaqf6jTsWibOpuD4WdpQ.jpg
    oePaqf6jTsWibOpuD4WdpQ.jpg
    980.4 KB · Views: 69

Rum Tide

Apr 28, 2019
The Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Yukon Coin Hustler II, Vibra-Tector 740, Pulse Dive (2), Equinox 600, Equinox 800 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! It might be just me. But, I would keep that thing away from my cell phone.

OP
OP
4Nines

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh definitely, this magnet is scare strong! So not 5 minutes into my fishing trip with my dad did my pliers fall into the water while we were climbing onto the dock. Thankfully, I had my trusty fishing magnet and snatched them out of the water within seconds of putting the magnet into the water. So even if you don't plan on doing a lot of magnet fishing, it's still very handy to have with you if you're going to be around the water.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hope you don't get onto something big and flat with that..... you will have a hard time getting that thing back.

Grizz12

Dec 22, 2018
Alaska
Detector(s) used
Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know a guy with one that big, or at least he used to have it, until it stuck to an underwater culvert he didn't know was there

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know a guy with one that big, or at least he used to have it, until it stuck to an underwater culvert he didn't know was there

I use a 400 lb magnet and I got it stuck on one of the cross members of the dock and luckley I had a shovel with me and I was able to recover it. A magnet that big stuck to a large flat item of metal like dock legs/cross member would be a real challenge to recover. Be prepared to go in after it and have some kind of retrieval tool to aid you in that job. For a test a person might find an old stove or refrigerator and just stick it to it and see what kind of task it is to remove, then double that task if it is stuck under water.

OP
OP
4Nines

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately, my fishing trip got cut short due to bad weather so I didn't get as much time magnet fishing as I had hoped. I'm definitely going to have to be very careful with it around the dock. I'm hoping to use it mainly from a fiberglass boat and away from manmade structures. I'm sure this will cut down on the amount of things I will retrieve, but if it finds something too strong for me to pull in then it is what it is. I will keep y'all posted and let you know how usable this size magnet is once I get some more time with it.

OP
OP
4Nines

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So far I've just used it to retrieve some tools that I've dropped in the water. It worked like a champ! I should be headed out to the lake in a couple of weeks and I will get some good magnet fishing in. I will report back.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We will be waiting for that report, but why wait so long, this week end would be a great time to hear that report. Be safe

OP
OP
4Nines

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately, family obligations took precedent over the lake this weekend :/

OP
OP
4Nines

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A08A52BC-45CC-4FA4-8C97-D04F3D7853ED.jpeg 0B4F55E6-9B90-4A66-B9B9-113B64D177E8.jpeg
Got a few minutes magnet fish today and pulled in some stuff. It had no problems pulling in a big chain and some old metal hardware.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread