what types of hunting do you have

nahabit

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2006
thompy said:
in Wyoming, thinking of moving out that way in the summer but don't know if I want to give up the hunting around here? was reading that there is a high demand for skilled welders, mechanics and equipment opperators. I'm mostly into relic hunting.
hi! tell me please how many peoples lived in you state? i heard that only 500.000 - its truth?

6shooter

in Wyoming, thinking of moving out that way in the summer but don't know if I want to give up the hunting around here? was reading that there is a high demand for skilled welders, mechanics and equipment opperators. I'm mostly into relic hunting.

We have the typical coin/relic types of hunting. You could try your luck for gold in various places around the state. Then you have arrow heads....Lots of them. Oh yeah, there's opals and fossils too. If you can brave the wind and the winter weather, you could keep pretty busy.

Right now there are quite a few high paying jobs availible in the state. But housing is a major problem. If you plan to move here, try to find a place to live before you pack your bags.

hi! tell me please how many peoples lived in you state? i heard that only 500.000 - its truth?

Actually I believe that the population is currently about 620,000 or so.

LuisTH

May 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX series with 9" coil and 18" coil.
6shooter is right, but i wouldn't go back to South Florida if my life depended on it.

Wyoming is a beautiful state, a lot of the old Ghost Towns that i have been researching appear to be in private property now, but there are a lot of other places to go THing, although i have only been researching for 3 weeks, and i have only been able to check out three of the closest Ghost Towns in my area.

I did get to see old historic places, and even climbed to the top of Independence Rock. That was awesome!!! :)

Royster

Jun 16, 2008
I'm new to MDs and THing. An uncle of mine TH'ed up till his death in 1977 and loved his stories, and his finds! I'
m also giving amature prospecting a try as well.

I live in Laramie, Wyoming and come across my share of very old log homes in the Forests in the Snowy Range. Looks like the only persons ever close by to them are game hunters if even that! The litter there are the beer cans that you opened with a can opener, sometimes the old pull tabs. There is the ols Silver mine around Devil's Gate.. As far as it being a Registered Historical sight check with the State first. It's a pain to get too it but a neat place to visit.

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thompy said:

Workers with the skills you have listed have always been able to find jobs in Wyoming. I understand there are jobs available around Pinedale. There has been quite an explosion of wells in that area the last few years. I forget which company is running the whole operation but, I believe the drilling area is known as the Jonah field. There is housing available around Green River, probably Rock Springs too. Don't plan on finding any housing around Pinedale. Of course it always easier if you are alone. Lots of excellent fishing opportunties around Pinedale, beautiful area.

billgauthier

Tenderfoot
Aug 15, 2009
worland wyoming
Detector(s) used
whites 49er
wyoming is a great state to live in plenty of old towns, lost treasures, gems, and gold. all depends on when u live. as far as cost housing price not bad (depends on city). there work all over the state and plenty of place to hunt. come for a visit u wont want to leave.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions