moving to Laramie in Nov.

RockRaven

Jan 19, 2015
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Compass Challenger X80, Magnum 420, 220, RM6, Coin Mag, 77B, Yukon Nugget, Teknetics Delta 4000, Garrett AT Gold. Master Hunter ADS 7, CXII, Bounty Hunter Big Bud Pro 220, TR550, 840 Auto , Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey

I live in the northern black hills, but lots of interest in the amazing stuff that is out there in Wyoming too. A great place to start if you are into panning and sluicing is Dan Hausel's myriad sites. Gemhunter site will link you up to his gold blog and several other blogs. Laramie is a GREAT place to look for gold and many gemstones including diamonds not that far away in the state line region. Lots of info on panning for gold and also for diamonds in placer deposits. I think that some clubs out of Denver may also have some shared claims. Good luck!

MW

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey there, I just moved here as well. The parks are closed to detecting unfortunately, but I tried my hand at detecting some curb strips and managed to find my first shield nickel. I'm a bit fuzzy regarding the laws/regulations regarding the curb strips here. I got spooked by a testy homeowner who ran me off the strip adjacent his house, which has me questioning whether or not things are different here. Never had that happen in Illinois or Ohio, so I'm now pouring through various online documents to get some insights. Take care and happy hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread