Its my treat

OldOwl

Greenie
May 29, 2008
It's my treat

About 15 years ago, I wrote for pretty much all of the treasure magazines. I did an article trying to promote hunters to give back some of what they find to the hobby. I covered over a small cache I made with about ten inches of beach sand and made it water tight in plastic and a metal Sucrets box. I included a card with my name and phone number asking the finder to let me know when it was discovered, and I put some clues in the article. It wasn't a big deal, some wheaties, a silver dime, buffalo nickel, and whatever else I can't recall. The idea was to have some fun.

Well, here it is at least fifteen years later, and nobody has called me. So to be more specific, the cache is in Quincy Massachusetts on Wollaston Beach, in the high dry sand between Wollaston and Squantumn Yacht clubs... closer to Wollaston. There's only about 100 yards between their two cat walks. It is no more than 30 feet from the cement wall, and is not very close to the wall because the steel girders disrupt the signals.

So, anyone from the area, there's a little something to look for. Good luck, have fun, and give back some of what you find for others.

Merry Christmas. :thumbsup:

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Re: It's my treat

It's quite possible that a greedy detector didn't want to return it, there is a few out there, but most of us I can safely say aren't.

If I was in that area I would try to find it for you. Another thing is, if someone found it, its possible that they thought it has been there for so many years, and the person on the card has moved or is no longer around.

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
Re: It's my treat

relichunters said:
It's quite possible that a greedy detector didn't want to return it, there is a few out there, but most of us I can safely say aren't.

If I was in that area I would try to find it for you. Another thing is, if someone found it, its possible that they thought it has been there for so many years, and the person on the card has moved or is no longer around.
Or since it was posted by a new member someone is trying to blow smoke up our a$$..so to speak...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread