Cave in Comal County Texas

rlmoor

Feb 22, 2008
There is a cave near New Braunfels, Texas (Comal County) that appears to have some man made drill holes in some large rocks/boulders just below the cave, as if someone had blasted there in the past. I grew up near this cave and played in it as a child (some 40 years ago) and often wondered about the holes (approx. 2" in diameter and extending maybe 2'-3' through the rock) drilled through the boulders. The cave has a small opening in the back that appears to go way back. As a young boy playing in the cave, my dog went into the small opening. I was very scared for my dog and kept yelling for him, after 10 to 15 minutes he finally came out. Several years ago I decided to look a little closer and spent a weekend with a friend trying to dig out the opening and pushing a portable night vision camera back as far as I could into the small opening. Did not find anything except for some old barbwire and did not see anything with the camera because the small opening seemed to zig zag a little and I couldn't get it back there far enough. Natural Bridge Caverns is only about 10-15 miles from the location and I know there is caves/caverns all over the hill country. This cave however is out in the woods not close to any man made structures.

My question is, does anyone know of any stories of hidden loot or treasure in this area and why a cave in the middle of the woods wood have drill holes in boulders nearby?

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should post this in the Texas forum also (if you haven't already). Also ask Gypsy Heart - she has a library full of information.

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTW - If you need help searching around this cave, PM me. Always looking for a place to use the detectors!

Texas Gld

May 31, 2007
Powers,Oregon
rlmoor said:
There is a cave near New Braunfels, Texas (Comal County) that appears to have some man made drill holes in some large rocks/boulders just below the cave, as if someone had blasted there in the past. I grew up near this cave and played in it as a child (some 40 years ago) and often wondered about the holes (approx. 2" in diameter and extending maybe 2'-3' through the rock) drilled through the boulders. The cave has a small opening in the back that appears to go way back. As a young boy playing in the cave, my dog went into the small opening. I was very scared for my dog and kept yelling for him, after 10 to 15 minutes he finally came out. Several years ago I decided to look a little closer and spent a weekend with a friend trying to dig out the opening and pushing a portable night vision camera back as far as I could into the small opening. Did not find anything except for some old barbwire and did not see anything with the camera because the small opening seemed to zig zag a little and I couldn't get it back there far enough. Natural Bridge Caverns is only about 10-15 miles from the location and I know there is caves/caverns all over the hill country. This cave however is out in the woods not close to any man made structures.

My question is, does anyone know of any stories of hidden loot or treasure in this area and why a cave in the middle of the woods wood have drill holes in boulders nearby?
You might try searching the floor of the cave with the deepest reaching detector you can get your hands on. If able do the walls with one 10Khz or above. (If you can not reach the deeper part of the cave, how could any one else.) Back to the cave floor: Could be outlaw-loot- melitary-weapons, stashed silver-"Spanish"/Right after the Civil-War, Gold bound for the South was on it,s way to the Confederate Army from several places in Texas. Gold was hidden in caves/sunk in streams & rivers-transporters did not know what to do with it when the South surrendered. So stashed it untill futher orders & to hide it from Union-Solders. "The South Will Rise Again" Why the possibility?? The "Powder-Holes", someone sat the cave up to blast the entrance shut if needs be. WHY? Hunt-Slow-Hunt Well! (Native Texan)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread