Advice needed!

jessweaver55

Jun 25, 2008
Ok, so my dad told me I could go over to his cabin and do any kind of "treasure hunting" I wanted to. His place is roughly 100 years old. I was just walking around behind the shed and found a ton of bottles(most of them are NOT broken). Needless to say I was pretty excited. So doing some research on the internet I found them to be from the 1950-1960's. I called my dad to get the story. He said that the people that lived there used to use that as the trash area, since it's so rural they didnt have a "trash man". I'm going back to go deeper. We didn't even have to dig, this was all lying on top. I'm thinking if I go a little deeper, there may be some older stuff. Any suggestions on what I should be looking for and techniques that I should be using?

VonDigger

Dec 13, 2009
Baden, PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing I would do it when you start digging, I would use a garden trowel and remove a little dirt at a time. This way you won't damage anything like you could with a regular shovel.

Erin
"VonDigger"

Chris_Odom

Dec 18, 2009
New Orleans
Be very carefull when walking because without a trash man they most likely burned there trash and some antique items could have got burned and when you step you might crush them under the layers of dirt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread