Think there is any potential??

mustang8780

Feb 28, 2010
Gainesville, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab GPX-4800, Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've received permission to hunt this land (10 acres) that's two lots over from Strider Farm (circa 1790 also Civil War history). We are currently working on getting permission for Strider Farm but that's another story. Anyway, do you guys think this site will have any potential? The house on the property was built 1979 so there wont be anything old there but maybe in the woods? There is an old quarry on the property that was used to build the stone bridge along the road its dates back to the 1800's so...

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 788
  • Picture2.jpg
    Picture2.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 765
OP
OP
mustang8780

mustang8780

Feb 28, 2010
Gainesville, VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I am definitely going to hunt it but I just hope there is something there...it seems a little removed from where action took place.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will surely find some bullets and no telling what else. When the shooting started, the old BP arms put out so much smoke they couldn't tell exactly where they were half the time. So, there is no telling who traversed the land you can hunt or what really happened there. Get back to us and post your finds. Monty

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
I have hunted much of that area especially back in the 80's. You can't miss! You may not come out with allot and then again you might get surprised but I am telling you, you can't miss! You may not be on the main battle site but there were camps all around behind the lines.

OP
OP
mustang8780

mustang8780

Feb 28, 2010
Gainesville, VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well..three of us hunted it for about 6-7 hours(until the heat was just too much). Site must have been pretty picked over...all we found was two three ringers and a flat button (may be part of a two piece)...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread