old roads?

bcs123

Aug 15, 2006
missouri
Detector(s) used
mxt
looks like old roads to me....are there any forestry or conservation (national forest) areas near there? if so could be old forestry dept. roads

OP
OP
Rockfshr

Rockfshr

May 22, 2005
Hampton Roads VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive lived in the area my whole life and never saw anything going on in that area but if trees were never cleared I wouldnt have ever noticed
agree it doesnt look to be very old just stood out when I was looking around, ill have to drive by there and see what kind of trails there are back there. ;D

holeintoe

Jan 4, 2006
Try going to the local Government Bldg. or Library and look at some old maps. Perhaps they will show more detail of what was there before progress ruined the neighborhood.

Light Foot

Greenie
Nov 14, 2006
Utah
I'll put my money with marc and say this, Check it out and look for man hole covers,Phone lines,etc. while there.

VonDigger

Dec 13, 2009
Baden, PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know, I know, I am way late to this party, but I think practice makes perfect. I agree with the person that said it was a development that never got started. I had a few areas around here that were like that. They cleared out the roads and let it sit there for years before they did anything with it.

Erin:)
"VonDigger"

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
Try looking on historicairials.com and see what it looked like in the 1950's
I found a similar area here when scanning with maps.live, it looked like a development had been started and never finished but when I looked at the airial photos from 1956 there was actually 137 houses there and every one of them is now gone. It is going to be my spring hunting grounds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread