Now that is different

AbTexEx

Nov 27, 2008
America's Dairyland
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A couple of weeks...

Err some time back I posted a KML and picture of an area that was very interesting to me asking for some opinions of the place and never got any feedback.
Well out of frustration and on a whim I clicked on the street view thingee in GE and to my surprise I found this...

Slither.jpg

Now I was under the impression that street view was just that.This is out on a field with grass. Sidewalks with people walking around.

So I went looking round the world for other places and found a few more.

Very few.

Henges.jpg

I was quessing maybe a push cart or one really big quy with a backpack.

ew nu

Really hoping this is not just a passing fancy and GE gets more places in their street views

How totally thoughtless of me
I even broke the golden rule of inventors
Write the instruction manual first then make the prototype

If you go to Google Earth and zoom in close you will see a figure in the upper right corner
When you click and hold the figure there may be highlights on streets and other places

cholula.jpg

Drag the figure down to the highlighted areas and release it, it will go into what is called Street View
In these cases, it is not a street but photos on paths, trails, hallways and even rivers

cholula1.jpg

cholula2.jpg

Due to security and monetary reasons they probably will not be doing this in major tourist areas

Till then I just keep seekin

AJones

Last edited:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
First of all, you live in Apache Junction and aren't totally consumed with the Lost Dutchman? Amazing. I do remember your post, but I wasn't then and even now sure what you were looking at or seeking. I probably am just slow(my students claimed I had "old timer's disease", but I hope you will enlighten all of us and I'm sure we'll all answer you.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't get it, you found what? All I see are peoples' uploaded gps walking tracks. I used to send kml track files to my family when I was in Iraq. This looks like somone uploaded theirs to show publicly.

OP
OP
AbTexEx

AbTexEx

Nov 27, 2008
America's Dairyland
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
After a little research I found out this is part of the GE team making these
Several of the employees at Google on their lunch breaks put one together
Best I can tell the unofficial term for them is

Street View Trike