OP
OP
kam50

kam50

Mar 7, 2009
Canton,Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 Garrett Pro pointer
Minelab X-Terra 305 Garrett pro pointer(Fake one got ripped off!)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Chisos. Looking at trying to detect next weekend. Really raining here due to the storm. Will keep everybody posted.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Luck Kam same thing happened to the original County fairgrounds here.
turned into an industrial site.long time ago & unfortunately little if any original ground left
Untitledaa.jpg

anyway Nice research ! I hope you get in . keep us posted !

OP
OP
kam50

kam50

Mar 7, 2009
Canton,Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Jeff. Just waiting for this rain to quit, but it will make it better detecting with the ground being so wet. Going to seek permission Friday, and try to hit the area this weekend. I'll keep everybody updated if I start finding stuff. HH

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Post your find brother

OP
OP
kam50

kam50

Mar 7, 2009
Canton,Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The photo is from a 1952 aerial photo. I was granted permission to hunt the whole area from the Director of the company. Gave me his card and said if anybody bothered me just have them call him. Very nice guy, all I have to do is email him a picture of anything i find that is interesting. Was a guy from the local historical society that detected there twice this summer and found a 3 cent coin, a couple v shield nickels, seated dimes. So I'm looking forward to hunting the area tomorrow. Will keep everybody posted with my finds. HH

absosecur

Oct 26, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
I have a spot that is hay field now but use to be a betting horse track from around 1880 up to 1920s. I feel just like you do that there has to be money there possibly even gold coins but can not get permission. Ugh.

OP
OP
kam50

kam50

Mar 7, 2009
Canton,Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
absosecur I feel your pain!! I was lucky the Director of the place was a nice guy. All I can say is do more research for the old places. HH

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice! My school is built on a Union encampment, but I doubt my school will give me permission. I do find a lot of modern change on the ground at my school, though.

OP
OP
kam50

kam50

Mar 7, 2009
Canton,Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Understand that sagittarius98. I all u can do is ask. Hope you find some better places to hunt in the spring. Update on the fairground. After 5 hrs last night I spent online looking for old pictures and information I lucked out on a picture taken from a blimp back in 1925. I've been hunting in the wrong place. So now I'm sure where everything has been. Going back sometime this week and put in some serious hunting. Will post when i find the good stuff. HH

OP
OP
kam50

kam50

Mar 7, 2009
Canton,Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hope so Jason. Really want to find that old silver before it starts snowing. HH

strateloss

Aug 21, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030, E-TRAC, ProFind25, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice research!! GL bud!!

OP
OP
kam50

kam50

Mar 7, 2009
Canton,Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Strateloss. beentoo cold the last 2 days for me, going out again this week. HH

OP
OP
kam50

kam50

Mar 7, 2009
Canton,Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Update: Been to the fairground a few times this week. Been getting good signals for dimes, turns out to be full sized pop cans. Alot of modern clad, and old pop tops. That's just in the front area where the baseball field is. Still have alot of ground to cover. Well will post when I find something good. HH

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know those targets are frustrating, but if there are still cans buried, then you know nobody has gotten the good coins either!

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad you were able to find open land for your fairground! I found an old turn of the century fairground (not very big) on an old map, looked up the street intersection and there is a nice big parking lot there now. Rats. Not sure if I'll be able to convince them to let me jackhammer the old lot away. However, if they ever resurface that lot I'm going to ask for permission.

OP
OP
kam50

kam50

Mar 7, 2009
Canton,Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah I didn't think about that with all the old cans being there still nobody has hunted it. And yes it is frustrating getting a good signal in digging up cans:BangHead: But there has to be some good stuff there. Going back today and tomorrow. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions