Any one own a OIL WELL ?

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own a portion of one. Won't say where right this second. Where I'm from the wells are usually good from 10 to 30 years.

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure have an old gas well on my land..............still need to get somebody who knows and works on it to get it operational

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
No, but I was sitting in a Dairy Queen in Texas once and had managed to scrape together enough for dinner. Two guys in the booth behind me were discussing the price of oil. One said his dad wouldn't even think about pumping again until the price went up. I finished, left and cried...

james1844

Oct 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Guys,

Its actually not that hard to invest in oil. The only thing is that its a high risk, potentially high return proposition. You need to come up with between $10,000 and $20,000 and need to be able to evaluate opportunities as they come, including getting smart on some basic knowledge of geology, accounting and the oil market in general. I did a quick posting on my blog if you want to scope it out a bit.

Buy an Oil Well? | DINKS Finance

Thanks,

James

czachary

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Guys,

Its actually not that hard to invest in oil. The only thing is that its a high risk, potentially high return proposition. You need to come up with between $10,000 and $20,000 and need to be able to evaluate opportunities as they come, including getting smart on some basic knowledge of geology, accounting and the oil market in general. I did a quick posting on my blog if you want to scope it out a bit.

Buy an Oil Well? | DINKS Finance

Thanks,

James

DO not know this guy or anything about him, but be careful if you are thinking of investing in the oil and gas business though. Be sure you get within reputable people and or company. People are out there who EAT your money and it never returns.It happens ALLLL the time, some guy has an investment plan and or well opportunity round sup money from people who know nothing about the business and...its gone. I work daily drilling new oil and gas wells in all sorts of formations from all depths from 200' to 18000'. We have had home run wells that made 50:1 on their money that cost just a few hundred thousand to drill to dry holes that have cost 15,000,000$ to drill. It is a wild wild game we play.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread