Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also want to welcome you to Tnet, and hope that as you progress through the threads you will learn the reason that graveyards are out of bounds....Not everyone wants the sacred ground that is the final resting ground for their ancesters disturbed or searched by individuals searching for individual gains....you would have a serios problem with me if I found you near my family plot....TH, please do your thing, and once again end this thread....Gary

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey there and welcome to tnet.
I can respect your opinion and can even agree, that graveyards are a peaceful place. I have had picnics and used to party in them, as a teenager.

I hope you can also respect the fact, that if I were to catch you or anyone else, digging around my families plots and burial places, your epidermis would be learning a new respect for rock salt, too!

For those that have no respect for the dead and their living relatives, then go find ppl that own graveyards, that don't care what you do in them.
Some of us(more than you may care to take on), do care, and will take action!
That's not said trying to be mean to you, that's how I feel about it. end of story.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You hunt the cemeteries, the residents of the cemeteries will haunt you. Member of TNet will be on you like a goose on a June bug...stay tuned.

OP
OP
T

terryb31

Tenderfoot
Aug 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cat you better up grade rock salt is not what would be returning in your direction if you tried that. lol

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cat you better up grade rock salt is not what would be returning in your direction if you tried that. lol
:laughing7: Son, you'd never know where it was coming from!
Sometimes, the "hot" shells get mixed up with them rocksalt ones, too! :laughing7:

You must be pretty young..... When doing wrong or trespassing, it's usually not wise to return fire, when you are somewhere where you shouldn't be. The first shot is usually a warning for you to scat(and I ain't talkin messing your pants). It could be considered common courtesy.
Returning fire, is considered "war on"! If this is how you respect others and their property, you may be in for an edumacation not to your liking.

You may want to look to being an archeologists, it's a better cover for grave-robbing than md-ing.

Jeevez

Aug 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cemeteries are a place where people to go to grieve their loses...even if the people have been gone awhile. We try to make a point to go and put new flowers on loved ones graves every other month at the most. It would be entirely offensive if someone were hunting around us while we were having a personal moment. Not to mention what is buried there isn't for you to have. Why can't you leave it and go look for stuff in another area....Politically correct? Are you kidding me? It is more of a decency thing.

OP
OP
T

terryb31

Tenderfoot
Aug 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no ones talking grave robbing, that is a completely different subject. and I never hunt where I do not have permission. so returning fire is just self defense. archeologists yea there necessary. our history in the us is pretty much documented. not much for them to discover. so as a way to justify their worthless over priced degrees, they hassle detectorists. sorry if that hurts your feelings or offends you. but if no laws are being broke, this is still a free country and your feelings are irrelevant. so I say if you have permission to hunt them. go for it. they are really parks of the past. and they line the country side.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do let us know, if a cemetery caregiver, ever gives you permission, to dig around graves.
I'm not offended in the least by(what seems to be) your lack of respect for others.
Have a nice life.

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:laughing7: Son, you'd never know where it was coming from!
Sometimes, the "hot" shells get mixed up with them rocksalt ones, too! :laughing7:

You must be pretty young..... When doing wrong or trespassing, it's usually not wise to return fire, when you are somewhere where you shouldn't be. The first shot is usually a warning for you to scat(and I ain't talkin messing your pants). It could be considered common courtesy.
Returning fire, is considered "war on"! If this is how you respect others and their property, you may be in for an edumacation not to your liking.

You may want to look to being an archeologists, it's a better cover for grave-robbing than md-ing.

I prefer these....
G12-023.jpg
:laughing7:

Even in a Free country one must weigh common decency with the rights, freedoms and respect of fellow citizens and their wishes. Your going to find nothing but trouble and bad medicine by hunting in a cemetery and probably aren't going to have much of a backing on this site by anyone here. I would be right torqued if I found you anywhere near my families traditional burial grounds and I do believe the Feathers would be out in full force. Welcome to Tnet.

Joe1944

Jul 3, 2013
Rockland County, NY
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live within 15 minutes of an old church in Tappan, NY, used as a makeshift hospital/jail during the Revolution after the Baylor Massacre of 1778. John Andre, a conspirator along with Benedict Arnold, was tried there, and hung not too far away. There are graves there that in which the people interred were born in the 1600's. If that sounds like a great place to metal detect, you'd be right!, but out of respect for the dead, and American history, I wouldn't detect those graves unless I was forced too. Anywhere else in that town, HECK YEAH! :laughing9:, but not on the final resting places of the people who formed this country. It's a juicy opportunity, but you'll find some even better spots, I assure you. Good luck, and HH! :thumbsup:

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And in these hard economic times, with the rising cost of ammo, warning shots will no longer be fired, I am sorry for the inconvience!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Topic is closed.......Thread is locked and closed..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread