need help on identifying this...?

kdenz

Mar 31, 2013
SHAW A.F.B, SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im not sure what this would be but it is on an island and it sticks out in the picture if you look close it looks like there are smaller rocks circling this round object then yet another almost perfect circle, manmade??. and it cannot be a lighthouse because its far from shore this island has about 5,000 acres,

resolver.jpg

Last edited:

DonDigger

Jan 11, 2013
Galveston Bay Area
Detector(s) used
Teknetics, Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check the elevation numbers in the lower right of the google earth screen and see if this isn't at a low spot on the island. Move the cursor around to get different readings in an expanding circle with the spot at the center. My guess would be it is a fresh water cistern/well. If the island doesn't have running water someone could have created a cistern to catch rain water.

OP
OP
kdenz

kdenz

Mar 31, 2013
SHAW A.F.B, SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check the elevation numbers in the lower right of the google earth screen and see if this isn't at a low spot on the island. Move the cursor around to get different readings in an expanding circle with the spot at the center. My guess would be it is a fresh water cistern/well. If the island doesn't have running water someone could have created a cistern to catch rain water.
the elevation doesn't change much maybe 3 feet or so but that is going up in elevation along with the rest of the island to a certain point here is the same spot this circle is in 2011 but the first photo is 74 years old now. the island was used by Indians for trading and one person lived on the island most of his life not sure if that helps

Last edited:
OP
OP
kdenz

kdenz

Mar 31, 2013
SHAW A.F.B, SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is an older post but maybe some one has more suggestions on what this may be? i plan on going out to this island next summer and staying there for a couple days to metal detect the circles are amazingly put together for it to not be man made don said it may be a cistern well but if you look closely at how big the trees are in the picture the cistern well wound be 3-4 trees wide and that looking at the them from an overhead view could a well be this big?

OwenT

Feb 11, 2015
Moses Lake WA & Provo UT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My guess is that it's a tiny little dried up pond that left a little salt deposit. We've got lot's of little things like that in Eastern Washington, some pretty big. Untitled.png

Ragnor

Dec 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty sure that's a UFO caught flying above the trees.

jonhjothurs

Feb 4, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello please help me to identify this sign..thank you very much
20160511_110335.jpg

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello please help me to identify this sign..thank you very much
View attachment 1321907

jonhjothurs... thanks for your confidence in me via your private msg...
But...
I am sorry to say that I have little to add on this.
I will say that you have found something very interesting and in my opinion IS a marking of some type.
What kind of mark... I cannot say.

Wish I could help more and someone may be able to lend some more help on your sign...
If you have not started a thread on this I suggest you do so.
This might help you.

jonhjothurs

Feb 4, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jonhjothurs... thanks for your confidence in me via your private msg...
But...
I am sorry to say that I have little to add on this.
I will say that you have found something very interesting and in my opinion IS a marking of some type.
What kind of mark... I cannot say.

Wish I could help more and someone may be able to lend some more help on your sign...
If you have not started a thread on this I suggest you do so.
This might help you.

i have I another sign a big heart shape stone with a hole at the right side and two lines form like a letter V. 20160511_094715.jpg
20160511_094746.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread