Strange Rock, Indian or Pirate

Badshad

Tenderfoot
Nov 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1472436034.236895.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1472436058.348539.jpg
Any idea what this could be?

flinthunter

Jan 3, 2011
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, V3i, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quite honestly all I see from your pictures is a natural rock. What are you seeing that makes you think it is something special?

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Def Pirate.

Pirates would pick up rocks and throw them at boats, especially the British. Pirates always carried their rocks in towels for good luck and to keep them wet, which was really scary to the British... "don't 'it me wit a we' rock" they would cry before surrendering the ship. For torture, the Pirates would place wet rocks (especially dirty ones) just like this, on the Brits palms of their hands (just like your image) just before tea, then withholding wash towels, forcing them to divulge secrets.

I think the towel is the most valuable, as they didnt preserve well. Kudos to your picture of the re-enactment of the torture, I am certain the British readers are shaking at this heinous torture example.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a greenhorn, but I'm not picking up anything on the rock. Sorry.

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another thing that makes me think pirate...

What is a pirate's favorite restaurant?

The Harrrrrd Rock Cafe.

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
But seriously, are you seeing a face in this rock or asking whether it was used by Indians or Pirates?

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
What would be even stranger, is whether an Indian or Pirate actually used or altered the rock in any way shape, form or fashion!:icon_scratch:

Frank

Wm the Conqueror

Mar 9, 2017
Danville Virginia
Detector(s) used
Only a pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Indians did shape rocks for hunting, arrowheads,tomahawks, crushing food! You will be amazed it will fit perfectly in your hand!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only seeing a natural rock.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, so far...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it sure couldn't be a Pirate rock because it isn't valuable and that wouldn't bash anybody's skull in. :icon_pirat:

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im thinking, an Indian pirate? This is actually the rock that most eye patches were formed over. Eye patches were traded along with glass beads. Alot of indians and pirates had one eye in those days. So my reasoning is pretty good. The weave on the towel is indicative of the indians of the carribean. Name of the tribe escapes me right now.

chub

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, so far...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that I think about it... That rock would put some fat head's eye out in a heartbeat. Then let the person whose name escapes me right now make their own bloody eye patch! Then maybe they could actually get half of a life to go with their one eye? :tard:
Although I most highly doubt it.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread