Colorado Springs, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
AT Pro Pointer
Kelllyco Vulcan 360
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just scanning around to see if I could find something interesting. Well, I'm not sure what this is maybe it's natural, maybe it's modern or?? Just take a look and let me know what you think. I did a "measure" using Google Earth tool, most of the "squiggly/snake" things are about 100 yrds long.

WhatIsThis1.jpg

Wampum

Jun 13, 2011
Tioga County PA.
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Possible mound builder culture? Not sure the location and therefore the likelihood of it being some sort of modern creation or possible flood diversion method. I can say that is not natural and is man made. If it is near a modern town I would say that it is some form of flood mitigation since it is located in a flood plane.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah, definitely manmade. I would definitely make a trip to check them out in person. Looks like excavation holes around some of them.

Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id go check it out just to see what the heck actually is.

My guess is some kind of retention pond type thing.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just had another look at the pic. I don't think they are mounds, I think they are cuts. Depending on the location, this could be from old dredge test spots. Running the dredge through multiple places trying to find a pay streak.

OP
OP
Coach Stack

Coach Stack

Apr 5, 2016
Colorado Springs, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
AT Pro Pointer
Kelllyco Vulcan 360
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason I think you are right, they are cuts not mounds. I don't know much about dredging so I'll take your word on that one. I'm planning a fishing trip down that way and I'll take a closer look at it.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason I think you are right, they are cuts not mounds. I don't know much about dredging so I'll take your word on that one. I'm planning a fishing trip down that way and I'll take a closer look at it.

Old school dredges were huge machines that floated on a few feet of water, dug up river gravel with bucketline and processed it for gold. It would have been easy for them to dam the river downstream enough to float a dredge over that old river crescent. The fact that it butts against a mountain side is more of a reason someone might have been looking for gold there.

The holes around the trenches could be modern prospectors testing the same spots.

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Umm...these are deliberately cut snake figures, and those are bushes, not holes. Sorry.

Dredge mounds, thats funny!

op. please provide the coordinates...

Last edited:

Sovgtguy

Tenderfoot
Jun 14, 2011
California
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT - Sunray 5" / Tornado 10" / WOT 15"
Fisher CZ3D ( Tom Tuned ) - Quicksilver 5" / Spider 10"
Fisher Gold Bug 2 - 6.5 / 10"
Makro Gold Racer - 5" / Stock 10"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok ... Some simple filtering will bring elements up to the front. I ran this photo thru some software to study it.
The " shapes " are very uniform in cut and depth. The whole area is formed from ancient waterway - it could have been something that time has exposed . Very Nazca like forms , snake shapes are spiritual and magical in various cultures.
I do not believe this modern ... I find no real vehicle tracks or traffic into that area , however there are OTHER interesting shapes ( see photo ).

There red is a definite SQUARE BORDER ( walls ) ? Surrounding the main serpent shapes.

I would like like to know location to further study for you ....

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the fact that the holes seem to be lined with trees, tells me that they maybe deep and holds water which the trees would thrive due to the water source
IMO

Goldfinger450

Aug 28, 2017
Central Oregon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like to fly but think that a high quality drone with infra-red and ultraviolet cross strobe would be the cats azz for finding dug areas and precious metals up to 15 ft underground, we used IR in Alaska to find areas where the military buried supplies, worked so well we could hardly believe it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread