Partisan Gold in Greek pond. Owner right here.

Aug 29, 2014
Florida
Detector(s) used
Long Range Locator Underground Metal Detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello I have a pond and own it I could use help on taking out the Gold around 400 lbs of gold coins ww2 English coins or older. Plane dropped picked up by partisan soldiers, and dropped in this spot, in order to keep away from Invaders during ww2 in Greece. Been there ever since. 15 feet deep water including sand surface looks like grass its hidden looking. 30x30 pond. If interested in taking out legally send me a direct message for when this summer you want to get started. Serious Capable People only!

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate your private messages to me concerning this... as well as the vote of confidence.

But... Like I stated in my return msg to you...

Greece is a bit far for me.

I am sure that someone here is from Greece and would like to join up with you.

I know of no one but by posting this thread who knows maybe you will find someone.

:)

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
This sounds a little iffy to me.Consider the fact that England's gold was shipped to Canada during WW2.Also consider that early in the war partisans were basically on their own.England wasn't in any position to help anybody out,esspecially by supplying partisans with 400 pounds of gold.Counterfit money would most likely have been used than gold.I'll also add that resistance fighters would of been more interested in weapons,clothing,food,not the responsibility of having to move 400 pounds of gold..

OP
OP
E
Aug 29, 2014
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This sounds a little iffy to me.Consider the fact that England's gold was shipped to Canada during WW2.Also consider that early in the war partisans were basically on their own.England wasn't in any position to help anybody out,esspecially by supplying partisans with 400 pounds of gold.Counterfit money would most likely have been used than gold.I'll also add that resistance fighters would of been more interested in weapons,clothing,food,not the responsibility of having to move 400 pounds of gold..

OPERATION GOLDEN RAIN WWII
A lttle bit of world history here.

In early April 1941 and in light of the fact that the country of Greece was to fall to the Nazi occupation, orders were given by the government to transfer the gold reserves from the National Bank of Greece to "lands that were not occupied".
According to documents that have been published,the total of the gold reserves for Greece at that time was 611,000 ounces in the form of bars and brittish sovereigns (approx 17.4 tons).

In total secrecy the reserves were loaded on the frigates " King George" and "Queen Olga" and ordered to sail from Pireaus harbor in Athens for Irakleion ,Crete where it was to be stowed in the Bank of Greece there.

Because of attacks from enemy bombers while the ships were en route, a decision was made ,orders were changed and the gold was to go to Egypt.

The Greek frigates met up with the Brittish Royal Navy corvette "Salvia" and the frigate "Dido" ,the gold was transferred to those ships while under heavy attack.

The gold made it safely to Alexandria Egypt were it was tranfered and stored in the Bank of Egypt in Cairo.

But after some success by Rommel in North Africa, it was ruled that the gold was unsafe even there.
King George of Greece was on his way to London with his family via South Africa, so it was only natural that the gold reserves follow him, so the gold ended up in Germiston,Traansval, where it was decided to change the gold coins to bars.
After a short period of safe keeping in the Bank of South Africa, when it was deemed safe, and the gold was not under threat from the Germans, it was loaded and transfered once again, this time to London.

At the end of the war, and with the allied occupion, when Greece asked for return of the gold reverves from Britain, the answer was ,"the reserves were used to cover the xpenses of the Greek Armed Forces in the Middle East and that "the Crown owed nothing to Greece"

It is worth noting here ,that on March 9 1942, the Crown had signed an agreement with Greece that they would cover all the expenses of the Greek Armed Forces since they were under direct orders from Brittish Middle East Headquarters.

Now, in 1942 there were two resistance groups in Greece. EDES and ELAS. EDES was right wing, ELAS was left.

According to Brittish documents,during the period 1942-44, there were 1,300,000 gold sovereigns dropped by parachute in small aluminum tubes or "barrels" to these resistance forces for support. 250-300,000 to EDES and 1,000,000 to ELAS.

Last edited:
OP
OP
E
Aug 29, 2014
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

http://www.soc.mil/ARIS/ARIS_Greece-BOOK-small.pdf

page 129

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Well considering your post is a copy and paste job from another members post which was posted by member centaur on Feb 20th 2013 I'll stick with my original gut feeling lol.

OP
OP
E
Aug 29, 2014
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That person messaged me back with great news u know the copy and paste? Been 5 years do the math? Soo maybe ill post a coin or 2 in my hand with a smile lmao. :treasurechest::goldbar::2barsgold::coins:8-)

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That person messaged me back with great news u know the copy and paste? Been 5 years do the math? Soo maybe ill post a coin or 2 in my hand with a smile lmao

So the great news it that this has been found, and you have pictures of it?

If it is only 15 feet deep, and 30x30, why do you need any help, you just need a backhoe.

Something odd here.
attachments_backhoe_short-narrow_large_876x420_459583_RGB_72dpi.jpg

Problem solved, send 10%

Last edited:
OP
OP
E
Aug 29, 2014
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If it is only 15 feet deep, and 30x30, why do you need any help, you just need a backhoe.

Something odd here.
View attachment 1611837

Problem solved, send 10%

hey Genius a pond is a body of water.

Barecove

Aug 13, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Photo please....that would clear up any doubts...just saying

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quote Originally Posted by xaos View Post

Something odd here.
Click image for larger version.

Name: attachments_backhoe_short-narrow_large_876x420_459583_RGB_72dpi.jpg
Views: 39
Size: 150.0 KB
ID: 1611837

Problem solved, send 10%
hey Genius a pond is a body of water.

Hey Genius, every here of an extended boom excavator? (or a pump)

pl11052076-21_meter_hitachi_zx870_excavator_long_arm_high_extension_demolition_boom.jpg

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
scuba tector and beach scoop :tongue3:

15 feet of water hardly seems like a challenge worth posting on Tnet. Not like its the kursk submarine...

sure were some trustworthy by partisans there. " Hey, here's an aluminium tube full of gold coins!" "hurry, lets throw it in the same 30'x 30' pond as all the other tubes strewn over this huge drop zone"

farmer in field "hmmm, an aluminium tube full of gold coins, best throw it in this small shallow pond"

After war ends.... " sure is better in peace time" "i dont care or think at all about all those gold coins in the pond"

chub

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread