Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Partisan Gold in Greek pond. Owner right here.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Aug 2014
    Florida
    Long Range Locator Underground Metal Detector
    14 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Partisan Gold in Greek pond. Owner right here.

Hello I have a pond and own it I could use help on taking out the Gold around 400 lbs of gold coins ww2 English coins or older. Plane dropped picked up by partisan soldiers, and dropped in this spot, in order to keep away from Invaders during ww2 in Greece. Been there ever since. 15 feet deep water including sand surface looks like grass its hidden looking. 30x30 pond. If interested in taking out legally send me a direct message for when this summer you want to get started. Serious Capable People only!
    Last edited by EllasMotherLoadTreasure; Apr 20, 2018 at 09:15 PM.

us
    Sir

Sep 2015
    Connecticut
    Minelab
    2827 times
    Good luck and good hunting. Not for me.

us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    De Tampe Bahia - La Florida
    JW 8X - ML X2
    28827 times
    I appreciate your private messages to me concerning this... as well as the vote of confidence.

But... Like I stated in my return msg to you...

Greece is a bit far for me.

I am sure that someone here is from Greece and would like to join up with you.

I know of no one but by posting this thread who knows maybe you will find someone.

Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash. - Lurking in The RCT - Random Chat Thread - http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...l-welcome.html

us
    WolfPack member

Aug 2009
    New Hampshire
    Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
    6477 times
    The Truth
    This sounds a little iffy to me.Consider the fact that England's gold was shipped to Canada during WW2.Also consider that early in the war partisans were basically on their own.England wasn't in any position to help anybody out,esspecially by supplying partisans with 400 pounds of gold.Counterfit money would most likely have been used than gold.I'll also add that resistance fighters would of been more interested in weapons,clothing,food,not the responsibility of having to move 400 pounds of gold..
    BLK HOLE likes this.
    YOU KNOW MY STANCE,LIVE FREE OR DIE

Liberals,too stupid to know that they are really communists.

ďA manís rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.Ē

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth
    becomes a revolutionary act. -- George Orwell

us
    Aug 2014
    Florida
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Red James Cash View Post
    This sounds a little iffy to me.Consider the fact that England's gold was shipped to Canada during WW2.Also consider that early in the war partisans were basically on their own.England wasn't in any position to help anybody out,esspecially by supplying partisans with 400 pounds of gold.Counterfit money would most likely have been used than gold.I'll also add that resistance fighters would of been more interested in weapons,clothing,food,not the responsibility of having to move 400 pounds of gold..
    OPERATION GOLDEN RAIN WWII
    A lttle bit of world history here.

In early April 1941 and in light of the fact that the country of Greece was to fall to the Nazi occupation, orders were given by the government to transfer the gold reserves from the National Bank of Greece to "lands that were not occupied".
    According to documents that have been published,the total of the gold reserves for Greece at that time was 611,000 ounces in the form of bars and brittish sovereigns (approx 17.4 tons).

In total secrecy the reserves were loaded on the frigates " King George" and "Queen Olga" and ordered to sail from Pireaus harbor in Athens for Irakleion ,Crete where it was to be stowed in the Bank of Greece there.

Because of attacks from enemy bombers while the ships were en route, a decision was made ,orders were changed and the gold was to go to Egypt.

The Greek frigates met up with the Brittish Royal Navy corvette "Salvia" and the frigate "Dido" ,the gold was transferred to those ships while under heavy attack.

The gold made it safely to Alexandria Egypt were it was tranfered and stored in the Bank of Egypt in Cairo.

But after some success by Rommel in North Africa, it was ruled that the gold was unsafe even there.
    King George of Greece was on his way to London with his family via South Africa, so it was only natural that the gold reserves follow him, so the gold ended up in Germiston,Traansval, where it was decided to change the gold coins to bars.
    After a short period of safe keeping in the Bank of South Africa, when it was deemed safe, and the gold was not under threat from the Germans, it was loaded and transfered once again, this time to London.

At the end of the war, and with the allied occupion, when Greece asked for return of the gold reverves from Britain, the answer was ,"the reserves were used to cover the xpenses of the Greek Armed Forces in the Middle East and that "the Crown owed nothing to Greece"

It is worth noting here ,that on March 9 1942, the Crown had signed an agreement with Greece that they would cover all the expenses of the Greek Armed Forces since they were under direct orders from Brittish Middle East Headquarters.

Now, in 1942 there were two resistance groups in Greece. EDES and ELAS. EDES was right wing, ELAS was left.

According to Brittish documents,during the period 1942-44, there were 1,300,000 gold sovereigns dropped by parachute in small aluminum tubes or "barrels" to these resistance forces for support. 250-300,000 to EDES and 1,000,000 to ELAS.
    Last edited by EllasMotherLoadTreasure; Apr 20, 2018 at 04:50 PM.
    embrym likes this.

us
    Aug 2014
    Florida
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Red James Cash View Post
    http://www.soc.mil/ARIS/ARIS_Greece-BOOK-small.pdf

page 129

us
    Aug 2014
    Florida
    14 times
    There is a huge Reason behind my name here.

us
    WolfPack member

Aug 2009
    New Hampshire
    6477 times
    The Truth
    Well considering your post is a copy and paste job from another members post which was posted by member centaur on Feb 20th 2013 I'll stick with my original gut feeling lol.

ďA manís rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.Ē

us
    Aug 2014
    Florida
    14 times
    That person messaged me back with great news u know the copy and paste? Been 5 years do the math? Soo maybe ill post a coin or 2 in my hand with a smile lmao.

us
    WolfPack member

Aug 2009
    New Hampshire
    6477 times
    The Truth
    Then do it

May 2005
    Drake, Costa Rica
    27 times
    yea I got sucked into a Greek treasure hunt, different - but most bad deals are
    Bill
    American likes this.

br
    Jul 2018
    91 times
    That person messaged me back with great news u know the copy and paste? Been 5 years do the math? Soo maybe ill post a coin or 2 in my hand with a smile lmao
    So the great news it that this has been found, and you have pictures of it?

If it is only 15 feet deep, and 30x30, why do you need any help, you just need a backhoe.

Something odd here.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	attachments_backhoe_short-narrow_large_876x420_459583_RGB_72dpi.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	150.0 KB 
ID:	1611837

Problem solved, send 10%
    Last edited by xaos; Jul 15, 2018 at 12:39 PM.

us
    Aug 2014
    Florida
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by xaos View Post

If it is only 15 feet deep, and 30x30, why do you need any help, you just need a backhoe.

Something odd here.

Name:	attachments_backhoe_short-narrow_large_876x420_459583_RGB_72dpi.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	150.0 KB 
ID:	1611837

Problem solved, send 10%
    hey Genius a pond is a body of water.

Aug 2018
    Photo please....that would clear up any doubts...just saying

br
    Jul 2018
    91 times
    Quote Originally Posted by xaos View Post

Something odd here.

Name: attachments_backhoe_short-narrow_large_876x420_459583_RGB_72dpi.jpg
    Views: 39
    Size: 150.0 KB
    ID: 1611837

Problem solved, send 10%
    hey Genius a pond is a body of water.
    Hey Genius, every here of an extended boom excavator? (or a pump)

Name:	pl11052076-21_meter_hitachi_zx870_excavator_long_arm_high_extension_demolition_boom.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	1624704
    lovinlife likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links