Curious looking site? - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Curious looking site?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Sep 2013
    southern Michigan
    Bounty Hunter IV
    115 times
    Looks like the same cross on oak island. I bet Templar’s were there

us
    Samantha

Apr 2018
    Phoenix, Arizona
    White‘s Sierra Madre White‘s TM–600
    219 times
    Cache Hunting
    The only way to know is to check it out. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Mar 2015
    4686 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Hello Samanthy

True but for me it is long ocean transit either through Panama carnal or round cape Horn.

Charter Member
    us
    An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Oct 2004
    N. San Diego area (Pic of my two best 'finds'; son and grandson)
    Minelab Explorer
    14172 times
    Shipwrecks
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    My friend, Kanacki,
    Once I know the location, I will have a better chance of guessing.
    Question: What were you researching to come up with this pic? (If you don't mind me asking.)
    Another Q: Is that a 'tiki' under your name? I found one on Mo'orea.
    Don...

Mar 2015
    4686 times
    Hello Makaydon

The Rocas Atoll is the only atoll in the South Atlantic Ocean. It belongs to the Brazilian State of Rio Grande do Norte. It is located approximately northeast of Natal and west of the Fernando de Noronha archipelago. The atoll is of volcanic origin and coralline formation.

I have no particular interest in the atoll. It was just curious site while searching google earth research movements of Brazilan pirates and slavers from 1828-1849.

The image on my Avatar is not a Tiki although it sort of looks like one. Its actually Celtic Pict deity. Brigantia British goddess connected with river and water cults, equated with Minerva, by the Romans and possibly linked with the goddess Brigit. It is believed to be 4th century and the oldest known representations of her. It was found in a stone circle in the hills where my great grand father lived as crofters.

Kanacki
    Last edited by KANACKI; Jan 25, 2020 at 05:14 AM.
    BillA and Mackaydon like this.

Charter Member
    us
    An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Oct 2004
    N. San Diego area (Pic of my two best 'finds'; son and grandson)
    Minelab Explorer
    14172 times
    Shipwrecks
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    My imagination runs wild........
    The east west 'dots' could be the remaining concrete pads to the two lighthouses that were (still are?) there.
    The vertical 'dots' could be the remains of the core holes that were dug on the atoll by scientists.
    There is no way to 'just go there and check it out' unless you have a government permit.
    I'm not familiar with any slave traffic at that site though it would be interesting to know if it did occur there.
    Coffee ?
    Don.....
    KANACKI likes this.

Mar 2015
    4686 times
    Hello Makaydon

Your suggestions are most likely as answer to the mystery.

There is the possibility that there is a grave of murdered sea captain on the Atoll? Under the human remains is sea chest full of money from the proceeds of Slavery. Around 1827 the crew had mutinied murdered their captain and drifted into piracy. The cache was used as a "bank" Since the atoll was water less and inhabitable. However the mutineers now pirates started attacking and robbing other slavers off the African coast and intercepting British east Indiamen returning from India. However their luck run out as they was captured and hung in Spain around 1829. In 1830 a Danish sailor who claimed these events happened on a low island in the Atlantic. The British admiralty assumed it was one of the islands of the savages. Yet nothing was found. The sailor was just an ordinary sailor and never knew the exact name of the island.

Coffee?

Kanacki
    Mackaydon likes this.

Jack

May 2020
    Pacific
    The Best Ones Minelab
    2 times
    The Hunt for Lost Fortunes
    Interesting in deed. Can you us if the holes line up with compas bearings? If only a few degrees off. Could be ancient. Also Dit. Very interesting concept. I guess the location of the atoll and its placement with ww2 could shed some answers.
    Crow likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links