Worldwide spots for shallow water finds?

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Curious where you guys could go if you could go anywhere and look for treasure. Not the "big treasure find" spots.

Thanks

Gidday Lasivian

You need to elaborate little more? Are you asking shallow water scuba dive sites or beach wading or Tidal estuary shore line detecting?

Are you interested in modern lost change and bling or more historical artifacts?

Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Lasivian

If I wanted to casually detect for treasure in the coastal shallows on tidal beach? For me I would detect The beaches along South Wales? Especially after storm season when most of sand and mud deposits are stripped from the beaches.

The Bristol channel and the River Severn has the second highest tidal range in the world after the Famous bay of Fundy. Having a long history with iron age, copper and bronze age. Roman Celtic. Viking. Norman, Welsh English, English civil war, Piracy and smuggling among thousands of shipwrecks mingled history into the sand mud and stones of the coast.

27642636-8256809-image-a-15_1587831848448.jpg

43-4l.jpg

Not only that The UK has a reasonable laws in regards to antiquities. And after freezing your ass off at cold wet windswept beach ya can find a pub, beer and warm fire to examine your finds by. Hell if ya sick of detecting on the beaches just join the local Gwent metal detecting club. They have organized group hunts with let you go along to detect in farmers fields. Most of fields around south Wales have had Roman occupation. Especially around Cearleon and Carwent.

Crow

Last edited:

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola amigos

That is a fine spot Crow my fine feathered friend you mentioned.

But there is another shallow water detecting spot called Goodwin Sands off the coast of Ramsgate in the English channel. A lot of history there and treasure found in shifting sandbanks that are tidal. There are perhaps thousands of shipwrecks along the tidal sand bars of the english channel.

Treasures have been found there. Like the items below.

10-cash-admiral-gardner-1_small.png

_97423463_coinsderooswijkreaalvan8pillardollarspain1736.jpg

Here is drone clip of the sands.

Yet like all thing it does not come with out risks. These sand banks get covered in water at high tide. The sand banks shift revealing after storms exposed shipwrecks buried in the sands.

Kanacki

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread