White's XLT Programs

Umbrahabitator

Jun 7, 2020
Illinois
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello, I would like to share my programs for the White's XLT to help any that may benefit from them. The machine, made from 1996-2009, is a great one and can hold it's own with most of the more modern machines. However, if you don't like fiddling with programs then it may not be your first choice. I love tinkering with things and enjoy spreadsheets so it and I got along just fine but your mileage may vary. The programs I use are not strictly my own as they were built from research and then edited to preference and experience. The programs may also be added to and changed in the future and I will update accordingly. However, I would like to share them to help out anyone else who might wish to use the XLT, it is a great machine that has gotten me many treasures. I am also putting this out here to learn as well, there are many who have used the machine before me and if they have insight then please share, I want to build the program to rule them all:laughing7:.

Bob's printable programs._1.png

Credit: Fox, Mike Ramon, Tom in CA, Coinist (OH), Monte, Sergei. (I took the best bits from each of their programs to help build my own)

Last edited:

bronco

Mar 2, 2008
Thanks!
I just my old XLT up and running after about 6 years!
Lost my silver program anybody have a favorite for working in trashy tight spots. Stock coil

ANy info appreciated

OP
OP
Umbrahabitator

Umbrahabitator

Jun 7, 2020
Illinois
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Hi Trash Program is likely to be your best bet for trashy spots. The most notable adjustments you will need to make will be to Preamp Gain, V.D.I. Sensitivity, and A.C. Sensitivity, the rest of the settings marked in yellow on the diagram will also need to be adjusted. Additionally, make sure that the Mixed-Mode setting is off unless you want every piece of metal to raise their voices in one great monotone choir. Finally, the discrimination settings will have to be tuned relative to what you are willing to miss out on.

As for the silver program; the C&J program works great.

Here is a table with the V.D.I numbers relative to coins https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=15663

Best of luck on your hunts.

bluemask

Apr 8, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT , CScope 990 XD, Tesoro DeLeon, Fisher CZ3D, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks friend for sharing program. The XLT was and is for me the best metal detector I had , the mixed mode is the best way to find all target!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread