Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have the 705 X-terra with the 18.75 Minelab coil. I also have a NEL Sharp Shooter 9.5x5.5 7.5Khz coil. I was looking at the Minelab 9" 7.5 Khz Concentric coil. Between the two
7.5 KHz coils which one will give the best performance on the X-Terra 705 detector???? Feedback appreciated Thanks

Bill

Astro Nut I have been using the X TERRA 705 since 2009 I have used both coils the HF 18.75 KHz coil 5x10 and the MF coil 7.5 KHz I have had great success with both coils but my favorite coil is the 5x10 HF coil I have not used an NEL coil even though I have heard good things about them

there was an article in the minelab site saying something about using other manufactures coils the only recommend Mine lab coils or coil tech coils on the minelab machines do not know if it voids your warranty or what so I have never done it.

how ever like stated I have had great success with the 5x10 HF coil and the standard MF coil on my 705 I have dug deep silvers with both coils my deepest was dug while using the 5x10 HF coil though don't know if it was dumb luck or what also my best find ever was with the 5x10 HF coil which was not a deep find but it was my best I found a hidden cache with it under a house my wife and I owned in Ohio I never noticed much depth differences between the two though.

The 5x10 HF coil vary seldom if ever any more comes off of my 705 and that is due to the areas in which I detect and the items which I detect for which is gold almost 100 percent of the time which I also have the what I call hockey puck coil the 6 inch HF 18.75 KHz coil which I occasionally use but it does not stay on for vary long because I just can not get use to the small size of it.

hope this helps

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Astro Nut

Dec 7, 2013
Burson, Ca.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the feedback. I too like the 5 X 10 18.75 coil it does a good job. Thanks again Bill

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For general hunting, I like the double D coils over the concentrics. The detection pattern of a double D is shaped like a broom whereas the concentric pattern is more like a cone with the point at the bottom. Concentric coils are slightly deeper, but, with that detection pattern, it's easier to miss a target at depth than if you use a double D coil. As for the shape, it would depend on your hunting area. Sometimes it's best to have an elliptical coil to get into tighter areas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread