question about beach settings on a 505...
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Terry Soloman
  • 1 Post By cudamark

Thread: question about beach settings on a 505...

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jan 2018
    Florida
    Minelab X-Terra 505 ProFind 35 Minelab Equinox 800 (on the way)
    53 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

question about beach settings on a 505...

..am trying to find the optimum settings for here at the beach in wet sand... am i correct in setting the sensitivity low before trying to ground balance? any other tips in setting it up?... been in the dry sand and doing ok but wanting to get near the water. Have an Equinox 800 on order but it might be awhile before i ever see it. There are a few 505 videos out there but not much on beach hunting. Thanks for the help.

us
    TerrysKnifeStore.com

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Teknetics EuroTek PRO -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger -- Bunk's Hermit Pick
    23706 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Just not a good wet sand machine (single-frequency). Turn your Sensitivity down to around 3 (out of 10), and your discrimination to foil. Do Not touch the sand. Good Luck!

us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    7687 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    I wouldn't even waste my time hunting the wet with a 505. Hit the dry sand until the Equinox arrives, then have fun in the wet!
    "jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

May 2016
    84 times
    Quote Originally Posted by the_curmudgeon_fossicker View Post
    ..am trying to find the optimum settings for here at the beach in wet sand... am i correct in setting the sensitivity low before trying to ground balance? any other tips in setting it up?... been in the dry sand and doing ok but wanting to get near the water. Have an Equinox 800 on order but it might be awhile before i ever see it. There are a few 505 videos out there but not much on beach hunting. Thanks for the help.
    I have the 305. I wade knee deep with sense on 5, it doesn't balance to salt water, only dry at around 4.
    You will get corrosion on the circuit board from salty air and condensation.
    If you put a cover on the box, your board will be eaten quicker due to more condensation. If you drop it in salt water, you'll have to bin it. If it lives in the boot of your car, condensation will kill it. Gotta sweep real slow.
    Good luck!

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links