Xterra 705 vs Equinox 600/800

Hal2k

Dec 9, 2016
Blountsville, Al
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro, with stock coil
AT PRO Pointer, NEL Storm coil, Garrett 5 X 8 coil, 9 X 12 Garrett concentric coil, Nel 6.5 x 9 coil for the Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Xterra in short is a single frequency machine that you can change the frequency by changing the coils. The Equinox 600/800 or multi frequency detectors that that you can change the frequency without changing the coil itself. On 600/800 change the frequency by press a button on the control box.

OP
OP
saanich2018

saanich2018

Apr 25, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am wanting to use the detector knee deep "in" salt water. Several people have said the XTerra is not suited for this . Is this correct?

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am wanting to use the detector knee deep "in" salt water. Several people have said the XTerra is not suited for this . Is this correct?

I woul not go into any water with my 705 as I think you would have disastrous problems if it got wet

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There really are a few. The X-Terra 70/705 can operate at three different Freq's, 3, 7.5 & 18.75, but you must change the coil for each one, keep in mind that the 705 comes with the 7.5 stock coil only, the others must be bought separately.. The EQ 800 operate's at 5, 10, 15, 20 & 40, all at the same time without changing the coil, and you can also use just one Freq. by it self if you choose to by (as Hal2K) said by pressing a button. The EQ's can do everything the 705 can plus more, in every category, in addition the EQ's are waterproof whereas the 705 is not. Dollar for dollar, between the 705 and the EQ 600, you really would get the most bang for the buck with the 600, no contest really, if you can spend a little more, then I think the 800 would be all the detector you would ever need for just about any type of hunting. Make no mistake, the X-Terra was a great machine when they were introduced, and you know they still are, but minilab has advanced it to do better today with the EQ series. For me, and speaking only for myself, the 800 has rolled the X-Terra 70, the AT Pro, and the Safari into one machine.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The appeal with the Eq series is the excellent recovery speed combined with the simultaneous multi frequencies. Together, it just finds the goodies other machines don't see.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread